Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Hello everyone,

I got told yesterday at my clinic appointment to trial the freestyle Libra 2. I am and it was working completely fine yesterday afternoon. However when I woke up this morning. It says the sensor ended in the app. When I’ve only had it since yesterday and that there supposed to work for 2 weeks. All I’ve been doing since it stopped is sleeping. (It’s still attached as well.)

Does anyone know what caused it to stop working so quickly or is the sensor just faulty and has anyone else has a similar experience?

sona chandi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone,

I got told yesterday at my clinic appointment to trial the freestyle Libra 2. I am and it was working completely fine yesterday afternoon. However when I woke up this morning. It says the sensor ended in the app. When I’ve only had it since yesterday and that there supposed to work for 2 weeks. All I’ve been doing since it stopped is sleeping. (It’s still attached as well.)

Does anyone know what caused it to stop working so quickly or is the sensor just faulty and has anyone else has a similar experience?

It's faulty.

Your hospital clinic should be able to replace this. Alternatively call libre sensors customer careline 0800 1701177 they'll replace this for free.

Super caring staff. I've had 3 faulty experience similar to your over past two years.

All the best

Reactions: Lulu9101112

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It will be a faulty sensor. I had the same problem once. If you call the help line they will ask for the error code recorded within the App on your phone. They will send a new one ASAP. It's an unusual fault but happens.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your hospital clinic should be able to replace this. Alternatively call libre sensors customer careline 0800 1701177 they'll replace this for free.

AFAIK its upto Abbott to replace them, the hospitals/doctors in the UK will say to talk to Abbott (unless you've got a confused one)

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I had one after 7 days just stopped ring Abbotts up they should replace it

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
If you're an Android user. Mine finished 3 days early. Put a post on page 2 with what Abbott suggested. Working so far

D

Deleted member 543160

When I was using (self funding!) the original Libre sensors, if I ever had an issue with one, I could use the reader to scan/check for an error code. Abbot will replace any faulty sensors, and they used to send me the replacement together with pre-paid packaging to return the faulty one.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had several that just stopped working. If you call the Abbott customer service number they will replace it free of charge.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
It's faulty.

Super caring staff. I've had 3 faulty experience similar to your over past two years.

All the best

The diabetic clinic kept the spare. They weren’t sure why the Error came up. They did replace It today

However with the replacement. It worked once after the hour but then this time the error came up after the sensors adhesive started come off I’m guessing due to the sudden heat wave currently.