Is Libre 2 more accurate than Libre 1?

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve just used two Libre 2s & they’ ve both been very accurate. Whereas my Libre 1s are a complete lottery - sometimes they’re very good, sometimes they’re way off. What have you found, people?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Personally, I found the L2 more on the button than it’s predecessor. For me it can predict a hypo coming around 10 minutes in advance.. (But I am using it with a 3rd party CGM app.)
It’s still (like the L1) slow to respond coming up of sub 3.5s. (Hence it’s always wise to also carry the meter.)
Having said that, I don’t feel Abbott can do much about the lag from lows. (It’s a theory I have on how interstitial fluid is at the back of the queue with representing the metabolism of carbs, whilst the brain takes priority?)

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on Libre 2 for a whole week! Because it is all new, I have been finger-prick testing at least once a day and have been about 0.5 out, with the Libre always reading higher. The is fine for me, as I do not take insulin, and I would rather it shows higher than thinking I am doing great keeping my BG down, when in fact I am way higher, but it wouldn't take a maths genius to take that into account if worrying about lows instead.

I am happy with how close the readings are, especially as the doom-mongers on various forums/Facebook are constantly complaining about it, and I was expecting it to have been unreliable, broken or fallen off by now:woot:

PS. @LucySW love seeing you are 7 years honeymooning on low carb, that's my goal, 6 months so far:happy:!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on Libre 2 for a whole week! Because it is all new, I have been finger-prick testing at least once a day and have been about 0.5 out, with the Libre always reading higher. The is fine for me, as I do not take insulin, and I would rather it shows higher than thinking I am doing great keeping my BG down, when in fact I am way higher, but it wouldn't take a maths genius to take that into account if worrying about lows instead.

I am happy with how close the readings are, especially as the doom-mongers on various forums/Facebook are constantly complaining about it, and I was expecting it to have been unreliable, broken or fallen off by now:woot:

PS. @LucySW love seeing you are 7 years honeymooning on low carb, that's my goal, 6 months so far:happy:!

Hi @MrsHJG, well, yes but my honeymoon is slowly deteriorating. So low carb has slowed the process, but my BG control is df deteriorating now. I used to get v little variation; now I have a lot more, and high BG routinely even after injecting Novorapid 30/40 mins ahead. TDD currently c 23u.

I have experienced probs with low carb. I keep meaning to ask others about this. I’ve become more & more & more carb-sensitive as the years have gone by. I eat <40, often <30g carb a day, but I still need to inject 2.5/3u Novorapid for something as non-carby as an omelette. And one teaspoon of ice cream seems me up to 11, 12 mmol. So my insulin:carb ratio is very bad.

I don’t know if this is widespread or just me.

Lucy