new insulin

Niamh1

I am doing a Daphne course and I have been advised about a new insulin where you inject and eat straight away has anybody else heard of this

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fiasp can work like that as its one of the faster acting ones (there may be one or two others), I've been on Fiasp for a good few years now, though even with it being much faster I still have to pre-bolus before breakfast (though for less time now I've got a pump)

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using Fiasp for a couple of years. It certainly works faster for me than NovoRapid and Humalog ... most of the time.
I find it is far more sensitive to my starting levels - if my levels are in the 4s or 5s, I have to wait until after I eat whereas if my levels are in the 8s or 9s, I have to prebolus by at least 30 minutes and if my levels are in double figures, it can seem as if I am injecting water until an hour later when my levels suddenly plummet.
Now I know this, it is great but it took some getting used to.

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was put on Lyumjev at Christmas for me it’s a lot better then the NovoRapid I was using.
My experience of it is more or less the same as in Response is on Fiasp
If my levels are in the 4s or 5s, I have to wait until after I eat
But I never have to prebolus
& again same as in Response
If my levels are in double figures, it can seem as if I am injecting water until an hour or so later then the level just drop
One thing with the Lyumjev I have to split my injections a lot more now if eating things like pasta etc.
Otherwise I Dip a bit low & need some quick acting Cabs then by the time the meal carbs kick in the the Lyumjev is used up
But everyone is different but for me Lyumjev has worked really well