Libre 3: How many hours of data is stored on the sensor?

IncogKeto

Libre 2 sensors store 8hrs of data (having sampled every 5min), but with the Libre 3 sampling every minute is there a corresponding reduction in the time period that the data covers or have Abbott increased the storage capacity to cover the additional quantity of data?
I'm thinking that they may even have done away with the storage altogether to help reduce the sensor size and expect users to have their phones powered on and within range at all times if they want to view historical data.
Anyone know?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Libre 2 sensors store 8hrs of data (having sampled every 5min), but with the Libre 3 sampling every minute is there a corresponding reduction in the time period that the data covers or have Abbott increased the storage capacity to cover the additional quantity of data?
I'm thinking that they may even have done away with the storage altogether to help reduce the sensor size and expect users to have their phones powered on and within range at all times if they want to view historical data.
Anyone know?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t feel the physical size of the latest sensor would negate the storage with a scan? Though previous sensors have been known to have a blackout of a couple of hours now & again? I’ve seen it myself scanning for nurse. But not using in tandem the third party app enabling an L2?
The data storage principle is possibly like some CCTV footage of Dashcam. It gets overwritten after 8 hours. Just adding new readings. @steveo4 & @becca59 may have more insight..

IncogKeto

Now the sensor can store data up to 14 days. So no data gaps means your patients can always retrieve their data even when their smartphone has not synced with their sensor for up to 14 days.
That's pretty impressive. And it explains how Abbott are still able to trial the Libre 3 with people in the UK who don't have a compatible smartphone - the full 14 day's worth of data can be collected when the patient returns to the hospital at the end of the trial period.

IncogKeto

Completely off topic (sorry mods), but I love your username!
Yeah, I felt rather pleased with myself when I ‘thought’ of that username.
Unfortunately, I’ve since discovered that it’s been used for years by various other people out there on the web so I now feel like a bit of a copycat.

Reactions: Goonergal