What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well so much for giving a rest on the FBGs, looks like I will need to test until Friday when surgery has requested yet another blood test, this time fasting. I think they are secretly collecting my blood to sell on to a sugar extraction plant ;). However not to derail further - FBGs were 5.2 this morning - Hope your day will be equal to how good I intend mine to be. :)

Nicki70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 for me this morning. Dropped to 3.7 at teatime yesterday and had a mild panic and ate too many carbs me thinks!

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.0 - I reckon it’s a Dead-cat Bounce from Saturday’s Fish n Chips. Moving on….

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@DEBBIESCOTT - And Y’know what?! I reversed my car out from under an unlit Garage shelter, touched one of the vertical stanchions with my foldout mirrors which broke and it’s gonna cost me £430 - Wah?! :banghead:

Moving on …. ;)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.2 today not happy but only I can do something about it so giving myself yet another virtual kick up the backside .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have not been on top form for some weeks now have not been the same physically or mentaly since my encounter with the Covid Virus and to top it all based on my blood sugar levels pre covid my DNS has reclasified me as in remission and I it seems no longer will be having the annual eye scan and such tried to explain to her that what she percieved as miraculous blood sugar levels were the result of strict control on my part but since my illness that has gone out the window that it was a bit previous to change my classification she just went ahead and did it so I have been a bit down for a while but now am testing regularly again and trying to get back to where I was. Ironicaly though as I am it seems no longer diabetic in the eyes of my DNS both Judith and Melody now are.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have not been on top form for some weeks now have not been the same physically or mentaly since my encounter with the Covid Virus and to top it all based on my blood sugar levels pre covid my DNS has reclasified me as in remission and I it seems no longer will be having the annual eye scan and such tried to explain to her that what she percieded as miraculous blood suger levels were the result of strict control on my part but since my illness that has gone out the window that it was a bit previous to change my classification she just went ahead and did it so I have been a bit down for a while but now am testing regularly again and trying to get back to where I was. Ironicaly though as I am it seems no longer diabetic in the eyes of my DNS both Judith and Melody now are.
Hugs john x