Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin’ all.
Did someone say lancets? I had to take a good look at the Accuchek mobile attached thingy and work out, all over again, how to change the lancet pod.
Finding the box with the lancets in was a voyage of discovery. Lots of lovely forgotten stuff in the ‘T1’ drawer: old carb treats (no they no longer tasted nice, too old and sticky), ancient prescription slips, an even older basal pen (now was that for Lantus, or whatever the stuff before Lantus was?), a very old box of manually delivered lancets (I felt the pain), a couple of pretty buttons, a CND badge, a travel letter dated 1998, and the precious letter giving me prescription sensors ad infinitude.
The last is the reason I rarely change lancets, only using the mobile before driving (pandemic) and during the first two new sensor days.
Off to Bilbao on Sunday so new sensor today, time for first two days’ sensor mayhem to subside. Now where did I put that box of mobile lancets?

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What? You reuse lancets? Needles? Am I missing something? Am I not really part of this unwanted club? But I eat low carb, make my own yogurt and check my sensor reading hourly

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol...........I am OCD about checking my readings on my cgm, even though I have a narrow window for alerts set. That is also why I now purposely go a few days off and on of not wearing one. I wake up when I run low so I don't have to worry about that. But when it looked like I had a transmitter failure on my Dexcom and I was going to be out of a cgm for at least a few days, I was really upset. But I kept thinking I did fine before my CGM, why am I so bothered by it? So then I decided, first get a back up of a transmitter to keep on hand lol, and then I will purposely go without so I can make sure I do okay without one, just in case. So that's what I do and I probably finger prick more than I ever did before my cgm. I am so used to knowing 24/7, I constantly check. But I go without about once a month now.

Now I have been having more issues with my pods failing on me for my pump. So I decided I will try to give MDI shots for any dose over 1 unit to see if that helps. I really suck now lol............wow how quickly we can forget what we did. First I remember I notoriously would give more to cover everything at once..........but now I have been used to splitting my timing of doses more, giving myself little correction doses, the pump keeping track of what insulin is on board etc. I found myself wanting to give extra, then not eating everything and then having to eat something else to make up for it, to give a correction when I already took enough to cover and just needed to give it a little more time. Needless to say I said ***** that and went back to full dosing with my pump and pod. But I am wondering if I need to do the same thing and relearn MDI! That was eye opening, who would have thought?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've tried to be a bit better about lancet changes recently and so change them, whether they need it or not, once a week. Needles, however, after an infected injection site that scared me, don't get reused anymore.

I'm having a sulk about a marginally raised Hba1c and the inevitable prospect of feeling like a scolded child when the nurse eventually phones for the follow-up conversation, (goodness knows when ) considering the language used on the online record.

However, I am now determined that another e-mail is going to the clinic with a firm request for Libre as I'm acutely aware since I've done what the hospital nurses/dietician wanted since DAFNE, my weight has gone up and my bloods have been more erratic, yet when I was doing my own thing it was all reasonably OK.

We crawl to the end of term...

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

hope u r well.
yesterday was a roll coaster day lol
high low high low high ...
chased the bg like I was his shadow :D.

Last edited:

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Went for my extra eye screening at the hospital recently. Results say I do have signs of diabetic maculopathy and background retinopathy. No treatment is currently required, just another review in 3 months' time. I am hopeful that with my current control it will just resolve in time.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, I’m off to see Rammstein in Cardiff tonight.

Security is strict. From the email we got regarding entry..No studs, no spurs no chains. Nuffin sharp.. No liquids. No food?

So far, my BGs are doing great. But I will be sneaking in some “contraband” in the form of solid fast acting. Just in case.
The insulin is being left in the car. I really don’t want the hassle.. I tend to be pretty sensitive to my basal in the evening.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

An interesting night. Still managed to have a hypo with no insulin on board..

20220701_020852.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2