ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
12.5 stone today. Trying to put some weight back on as i do not look good at 12 stone or under. Trying 50grams of carbs a day and not mess with my bloods. Got another A1c to do soon so will see how that and my cholesterol is doing as well :)
If I hv constant 4 and 5s on lower fat protein I lose weight because of the right calorie intake and low carb.
Most dietitians base on calorie intake but they are now wise to type2 needing lower carbs and decent calorie intake. We are complex.
So i would be having higher calorie intake and less low carb if my sugars don't rise over 7,.8 where nerve damage is ment to occur. :)

Reactions: Dandelade

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
76.9kg tiny tiny progress but progress nevertheless. Don't think I've been down this far for the last ten years. The hope is that I don't put it all back on this month (alcohol is back on the table, we're alternating wet and dry alcohol months.)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Somehow I seemed to have put 2-4 lbs on, but have taken 2 of those off again. I still feel flabbier though, and as though I'm a size bigger than my clothes are.

Bodies are weird things aren't they?

Dandelade

Somehow I seemed to have put 2-4 lbs on, but have taken 2 of those off again. I still feel flabbier though, and as though I'm a size bigger than my clothes are.

Bodies are weird things aren't they?
Bodies are indeed weird. I’m up and down around the same 2 pounds all the time then every now and again it dips into the next pound down!

Dandelade

So no change BUT since my clothes were hanging off me (which they weren’t at Christmas) tried on next size down and they fit. I’m now a size 12 on top and 14 on bottom, started at a tight 18 last July. So even if scales aren’t moving much something is happening with my body!

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.5 stone this week. Going to get this boney ass back to 13 stone :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had sneaked up 4lbs.
This morning 2 of them had gone.
Something tells me it going to be a ding dong battle

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
And 77.5kg. Seems like I have to be teetotal to lose any weight.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, I haven’t been on the site for a few months and I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been used for a while. I will post anyway and others may join me.
After losing weight when I had a bad bout of covid , I have been eating randomly for the last few months. I weighed on Monday and the scales landed on 150 lbs! I already knew I needed to get back to low carb but that confirmed it. Goodness knows what my next HaBC1 will be. I’ve made a start and this morning 148 lbs. Hope to be here next Friday.

Reactions: danziger

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't been posting here for quite a while because my weight is going up, not down as I would hope. Today it is 171/2 stone - 250 lb. It's not good and I'm not happy with it.
Edited to correct the text size of the half, to make it clearer

Last edited:

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you’ve revived this thread! I weighed myself for the first time in two months and am delighted to have lost 9lbs :) Prior to this, it took me a year to lose one stone, so that’s a real boost.

I think it’s a little bit due to reducing one of my meds and more due to following Dr Eric Westman’s advice on keeping under 20g carbs and strictly limiting veg, dairy and non-meat fats.

My main reason for losing weight was to lower my blood pressure (as I’m not able to exercise) and that’s coming down too, hopefully will be able to cut more meds in the future.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Annb lovely to see a reply. It’s hard to lose weight but the first step is to think about it and work out a possible plan and you are there. Thank you for rejoining the thread. See you next Friday.
Hello @danziger wow you’ve been doing fantastically well! You must find it much harder when you are unable to exercise. Hope to see you on here next Friday.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The problem with losing weight, I think, is the medication I am taking. I have to take a cocktail of pills and insulin and then extra ones to try to allow me to move at all. But I can keep on trying. Dieticians tell me I am wasting my time.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Yep thanks for kick starting this thread again.
14st 7lbs this morening

Reactions: danziger