Hi, please let me delete my account.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I click the "DELETE MY ACCOUNT" button on https://auth.diabetes.co.uk/dcukid/me/deleteaccount, all I get is an error "Server Error in '/dcukid' Application.". I have been trying to delete my account for months now. This is very frustrating.

Hi @overkill unfortunately you can’t delete your own account, even as a moderator I can’t do it either, but I will report it to DCUK Head Office if you’re sure that’s what you want.

Carson_DCUK

Staff Member
Administrator
If I click the "DELETE MY ACCOUNT" button on https://auth.diabetes.co.uk/dcukid/me/deleteaccount, all I get is an error "Server Error in '/dcukid' Application.". I have been trying to delete my account for months now. This is very frustrating.
Hi @overkill I'm sorry you've had to deal with this issue, it would be very frustrating. I have raised it with our tech team and will get this sorted as soon as possible. My apologies again

M

Member224397

…but I will report it to DCUK Head Office if you’re sure that’s what you want.

Yes, that would be great. Thanks for your help!

As someone with diabetes, I am aware that my data is worth a lot to some people (e.g advertisers), and I want to minimize the risk of my data being sold or leaked by accident. And as I no longer participate in this community, I think deleting my account would be the best solution.

I didn't expect this to be so hard. It might have been easier to just file a GDPR right to erasure request…

Carson_DCUK

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, that would be great. Thanks for your help!

As someone with diabetes, I am aware that my data is worth a lot to some people (e.g advertisers), and I want to minimize the risk of my data being sold or leaked by accident. And as I no longer participate in this community, I think deleting my account would be the best solution.

I didn't expect this to be so hard. It might have been easier to just file a GDPR right to erasure request…
I am sorry about the delay, and I understand you not wanting the risk of your data being lost or stolen. There is a technical issue that is being looked into right now, and I have not had an update back from the team, but you can be sure that as soon as the matter is resolved we will delete your account, no questions asked. Apologies again for the delay

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As someone with diabetes, I am aware that my data is worth a lot to some people (e.g advertisers), and I want to minimize the risk of my data being sold or leaked by accident.
While we're waiting for the technical team to solve the issue, it would be a good idea to remove your profile pic, assuming that's you. Deleted profile pics are truly gone from the website. This won't help in case of a security breach of the forum of course, but at least it will make you anonymous on the open forum.

Reactions: hankjam
M

Member224397

@overkill: Could you maybe delete some of your posts while you're waiting for your account resolution?

The posts have been up for years, so I don't think a few more days matter that much. Also, I can look for them to check if the account deletion has worked, once I am no longer able to log in.

Reactions: Antje77

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't delete them, they will remain along with your forum name annotated with 'guest'. If this isn't OK for you delete them now while you can. I don't think there's alot that anyone can glean from them if they are left though. Personal choice, that's all.

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see this account has been deleted. I’m trying to delete my account also. And have had no help from anyone, can whoever sorted this out, also delete my account?

Reactions: Hedgrerowpete

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see this account has been deleted. I’m trying to delete my account also. And have had no help from anyone, can whoever sorted this out, also delete my account?

Hi StewM unfortunately members cannot delete their own accounts, and even as a moderator I don’t have the ability to either. So I’ll tag in @Carson_dcuk from admin who should be able to get this sorted for you.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @StewM , you should have received a PM a few days ago to ask if you're sure you want to have your account deleted.
Can you please confirm you want this?
I'd be sorry to see you leave.