Medtronic 780G - AMA

Deejaypdex

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I’ve recently started on the Medtronic 780G, and will be using the Guardian 3 sensors for hybrid closed loop.

I spent weeks researching pumps before making my choice, and it was really difficult to find good information.

If anyone who was in my position has any questions about choosing a pump (tandem tslim, Medtronic, Dana + CamAPS FX or Omnipod ), please feel free to post questions on this thread, and I’ll do my best to share the resources I’ve found or answer questions. (I’m sure some of the other folks here will chip in too.)

I’m not a doctor or a nurse, so please take any responses from me on this thread with the appropriate pinch of salt!

Reactions: Chas C

adamrit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I’ve recently started on the Medtronic 780G, and will be using the Guardian 3 sensors for hybrid closed loop.

I spent weeks researching pumps before making my choice, and it was really difficult to find good information.

If anyone who was in my position has any questions about choosing a pump (tandem tslim, Medtronic, Dana + CamAPS FX or Omnipod ), please feel free to post questions on this thread, and I’ll do my best to share the resources I’ve found or answer questions. (I’m sure some of the other folks here will chip in too.)

I’m not a doctor or a nurse, so please take any responses from me on this thread with the appropriate pinch of salt!

adamrit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Medtronic sensors were almost completely unreliable for me until I fixed them to my thigh instead of my abdomen. Now almost always within 1-2 of AccuChek Mobile BG reading with a Guardian 3 sensor.. I secure them with 10 x 12cm lightly adhesive thin sticky tape, which has never dislodged. Type 1 since 1956, on NHS funded Medtronic pumps and CGM for about 20 years. I am 81 and want to keep healthy so thinking seriously about changing to 780G from current 640G.

maryrachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Beetroot
Hi all,

Hi. I would really appreciate your insight on this. I have been using Roche Accuchek which has been discontinued and using libre2. I am being offered Medtronic 780, Omnipod or Tandem Tslim. I have ruled out omnipod as no closed loop but I can't decide on the tandem or medtronic and cant find any direct comparisons. If you have any data on comparisons I would really appreciate it?

Deejaypdex

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I would really appreciate your insight on this. I have been using Roche Accuchek which has been discontinued and using libre2. I am being offered Medtronic 780, Omnipod or Tandem Tslim. I have ruled out omnipod as no closed loop but I can't decide on the tandem or medtronic and cant find any direct comparisons. If you have any data on comparisons I would really appreciate it?

Sure thing, do you have any specific questions?

If you are pretty new to all of this, these links are a really good starting point, and please let me know if you have any questions not answered by the links below

(2 hour pump showcase by NHS
https://abcd.care/resource/expert-opinions-hybrid-closed-loops
https://abcd.care/resource/expert-opinions-pump-choices
You can try out the two pumps virtually with the below links as well

https://eu.medtronicvirtualpump.com/fxCuA839rYX97WZH/VirtualDemoPump/MiniMed_780G_OUS/gs3/mmol_l/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...qpdj0tM6A_us1VUNr3A&pid=website&c=google_play

Reactions: megan

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for this, as I have the same choice of pumps as the OP.

Please could you tell me if the teflon cannulas are basically the same for the Medtronic and Tandem pumps, as I can't see any difference between them.

Deejaypdex

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for this, as I have the same choice of pumps as the OP.

Please could you tell me if the teflon cannulas are basically the same for the Medtronic and Tandem pumps, as I can't see any difference between them.

I don’t know for certain, but I expect they are pretty similar as they are all made by the same company, Convatec, and then repackaged with the insulin pump company’s branding (https://www.convatec.com/infusion-care/infusion-care-diabetes/our-partners/)