Repeat prescriptions of glucose test strips ?

Awsparx

Hi all

Curious about how everyone is getting there test strips and medicine

As I'm new I'm burning through the test strips rapidly and just about to reorder..

Currently I'm registered at the chemist next to the gp surgery which means going on the app "airmid" and ordering a repeat and driving to collect.. interestingly I notice I have two new providers on this "provide diabetes service and care " ?. And it will not let me reorder until the 26th June for my gp surgery ?..

Is there a simpler method offered by an online service that send you test strips through the post as required because I can see this becoming a bit of a mission to get my strips in the past the whole process of getting other medication has taken about three days to get to the shelf and collect..

The last set of glucose strips was a pot of 50 which my chemist had to order in as they did not have on the shelf so ordered and i estimate these last me about 8 days..

Mike..

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Not much help, but I expect your GP surgery has a limit for how many strips they will prescribe a month.
This could explain the 26th June date.
If you need more it would be a good idea to discuss this with your surgery and see if they will increase your quota.

Reactions: Awsparx

Huntwicke

Hi all

Curious about how everyone is getting there test strips and medicine

As I'm new I'm burning through the test strips rapidly and just about to reorder..

Currently I'm registered at the chemist next to the gp surgery which means going on the app "airmid" and ordering a repeat and driving to collect.. interestingly I notice I have two new providers on this "provide diabetes service and care " ?. And it will not let me reorder until the 26th June for my gp surgery ?..

Is there a simpler method offered by an online service that send you test strips through the post as required because I can see this becoming a bit of a mission to get my strips in the past the whole process of getting other medication has taken about three days to get to the shelf and collect..

The last set of glucose strips was a pot of 50 which my chemist had to order in as they did not have on the shelf so ordered and i estimate these last me about 8 days..

Mike..
Not much help, but I expect your GP surgery has a limit for how many strips they will prescribe a month.
If you need more it would be a good idea to discuss this with your surgery and see if they will increase your quota.
My surgery will only supply the strips if you are T1, I am T2 so have to pay for them myself which is why I only test once a day. I order from Boots which comes by post in a couple of days. They will give a small discount if you state you have diabetes.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am Type 2 and have to self fund. My GP practice doesn't think I need to test and won't provide strips. It costs me a small fortune ...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My surgery will only supply the strips if you are T1, I am T2 so have to pay for them myself which is why I only test once a day. I order from Boots which comes by post in a couple of days. They will give a small discount if you state you have diabetes.
I buy mine from e-bay which is a lot cheaper

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I am pre and my insurance gives me one test strip a day and I use 2-3 a day. I get my extra test strips on EBAY (cheaper) for many years and it works out good.

I use one touch Vario test strip, test strips are made in UK and I trust the results.

On EBAY people sell their extra unused new test strip cheap, check out the brand you use. Check the expiration date and make sure they are not expired, good luck.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here in Australia, T2 diaetics can get subsidised strips after joing the NDSS which invioves a signing off by either your GP, CDE, Diabetic Nurse on the application form.

My Contour Next strips cost me $1.20 for a box of 100 strip with a PBS concession card. normal NDSS price is $6.80 by showing the NDSS pharmacy my membership card. I can go in or get them delivered by my pharmacy next day.

https://www.ndss.com.au/
https://www.ndss.com.au/about-the-ndss/registration/