Diabetes moral support chat

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great session! I was only able to watch it today. It's a pity that my English is too bad for me to watch it on the air and ask questions but there are subtitles in the recording, so I can say that I really liked it

English is not my mother tongue .

to improve listening just watch video and radio in English.

Start with the ones that have subtitles then listen to the same videos without showing the subtitles.

p.s. your English is really great tbh.

we need to keep learning.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
English is not my mother tongue .

to improve listening just watch video and radio in English.

Start with the ones that have subtitles then listen to the same videos without showing the subtitles.

p.s. your English is really great tbh.

we need to keep learning.
to be honest, this Google translator's English is so good, not mine :hilarious: I'm unlikely to be able to talk about a topic more complicated than "how are you"

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
to be honest, this Google translator's English is so good, not mine :hilarious: I'm unlikely to be able to talk about a topic more complicated than "how are you"
I think, judging from your blog, your English goes somewhat further! There are many examples of idiom which Mr Google wouldn't automatically suggest. Incidentally, have you come across The Story of Insulin by Professor G.A.Wrenshall, Dr G. Hetenyi Jr, and Dr W.R.Feasby available on this site?: https://www.addall.com/used/ This book has a short mention of Dr Nicholas Paulesco, in Bucharest, who should be better known as he effectively made similar discoveries to the Toronto Quartet at the same time.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think, judging from your blog, your English goes somewhat further! There are many examples of idiom which Mr Google wouldn't automatically suggest. Incidentally, have you come across The Story of Insulin by Professor G.A.Wrenshall, Dr G. Hetenyi Jr, and Dr W.R.Feasby available on this site?: https://www.addall.com/used/ This book has a short mention of Dr Nicholas Paulesco, in Bucharest, who should be better known as he effectively made similar discoveries to the Toronto Quartet at the same time.
Thanks! I don't read the book, but I know who was Nicolas Paulesco ( it's a pity that he didn't think of injecting insulin to a person and that he was an anti-Semite)

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Thanks! I don't read the book, but I know who was Nicolas Paulesco ( it's a pity that he didn't think of injecting insulin to a person and that he was an anti-Semite)
I did not know about the anti-Semitism. Maybe the reason not to promote him.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I thought we needed a chat where you can just whine a little about cases in which you understand what happened and why and you know what to do, but you just want to whine about it to someone who, unlike your friends or relatives without diabetes, will not be afraid for you, but will say that- something like "oh, it happens to me too."

I had hypo last night and ate too many sweets to relieve it and eventually woke up with BG 16. It's so depresing! When I'm shaking from hypo, I just can't stop eating and usually then I inject insulin almost immediately so that bg doesn't rise, but last night I fell asleep and had to knock down hyperglycemia for half a day, because I always want to prick too much insulin and as a result my bg falls again. While your bg is normal, it's not difficult to keep it, but as soon as it goes beyond the scope, it's so difficult to get it back to normal!
It's happened to me too. :)

Reactions: Zhnyaka

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry to hear that @Lamont D

such horrible incident.

mind me asking I want to get it right.

u had hypo and then because of it you fell of the roof on your head?!

that's caused your brain issue.

No, it wasn't a hypo.
It was my young daredevil streak.
This shed, looked out down my street and I climbed up to see if my friends were playing in the street.
Rain had been falling, and I slipped on the asbestos and instead of seeing friends, I saw stars instead!
I actually got hooked on barbed wire and still carry the big scar on my right leg. And the doctors thought I had fractured my skull but I hadn't! Hell of a lump though!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I did not know about the anti-Semitism. Maybe the reason not to promote him.
did you also eat half of the contents of the refrigerator when you had hypo? :)

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, it wasn't a hypo.
It was my young daredevil streak.
This shed, looked out down my street and I climbed up to see if my friends were playing in the street.
Rain had been falling, and I slipped on the asbestos and instead of seeing friends, I saw stars instead!
I actually got hooked on barbed wire and still carry the big scar on my right leg. And the doctors thought I had fractured my skull but I hadn't! Hell of a lump though!

wow barbed wire that's even worse.

what an incident. hope your memory loss heals soon.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
wow barbed wire that's even worse.

what an incident. hope your memory loss heals soon.

I don't believe so!
That incident, one of many in my lifetime, was when I was ten years old, over fifty years ago.
Since before diagnosis of my RH, my memory loss was getting worse, this was over ten years ago.
my memory was not bad in between but I never had the knack of learning and memorising quickly that give the intelligence that was necessary for a better career path.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My libre sensor came off at night, I bought libre2 for myself in order to try it, but it turned out that it was impossible to install an application for reading it in my country, I tried for several hours to find something that would activate it, but I didn't find anything and eventually forgot to inject insulin and remembered about it already when I came to work. :arghh:****, I feel so sorry for the money I spent on libre2, it's so insulting, because it's quite expensive for me. Now you will have to wait another 2 days for the new sensors to come and suffer from hyperglycemia until the missed insulin takes effect. :mad:

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Antje77 maybe you know if it is possible to activate the libre sensor using diabox?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My libre sensor came off at night, I bought libre2 for myself in order to try it, but it turned out that it was impossible to install an application for reading it in my country, I tried for several hours to find something that would activate it, but I didn't find anything and eventually forgot to inject insulin and remembered about it already when I came to work. :arghh:****, I feel so sorry for the money I spent on libre2, it's so insulting, because it's quite expensive for me. Now you will have to wait another 2 days for the new sensors to come and suffer from hyperglycemia until the missed insulin takes effect. :mad:
How frustrating, yuck!
I hope you're starting to drop now and at least feel better.
@Antje77 maybe you know if it is possible to activate the libre sensor using diabox?
I don't think it's possible but I'm not a 100% sure. Can you ask in the DiaBox group on Facebook?

What would be possible is obtaining a Libre Reader to activate and then use DiaBox to keep track of your BG. That's what I do because I use the reader to scan when I'm swimming, not wanting to risk my phone.
I still have the old reader from the Libre 1, which works with Libre 2 as well (except for alarms but you'll get those through DiaBox anyway).

Many people don't use their reader anymore, might be worth seeing if someone has a spare they're willing to send to you through social media - don't ask on the forum, it's not allowed!

bitmapreader1.jpeg

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How frustrating, yuck!
I hope you're starting to drop now and at least feel better.

I don't think it's possible but I'm not a 100% sure. Can you ask in the DiaBox group on Facebook?

What would be possible is obtaining a Libre Reader to activate and then use DiaBox to keep track of your BG. That's what I do because I use the reader to scan when I'm swimming, not wanting to risk my phone.
I still have the old reader from the Libre 1, which works with Libre 2 as well (except for alarms but you'll get those through DiaBox anyway).

Many people don't use their reader anymore, might be worth seeing if someone has a spare they're willing to send to you through social media - don't ask on the forum, it's not allowed!

bitmapreader1.jpeg
I fork out for a reader. I don't regret it at all. Great thing! Thank you very much! True, now I want to inject inmulin even more when the action of the previous one has not ended yet:hilarious:, but it will pass