Thank you!

ThoseRainyDays

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At the beginning of March, I was diagnosed as type 2 following a HbA1c of 65mmol. I wasn't given any advice other than to go on Diabetes UK and ask questions but I was referred for retinopathy checks and had a foot check as well.

Looking online and on this forum, I found a lot of information regarding low carb eating and set my mind to making changes and reducing my next HbA1c. My ultimate goal is pre diabetic levels or sustained remission.

Yesterday I prompted my GP surgery for my 3 month blood check and awaited the results. I've lost over 2 stone since March and have been keeping an eye on my bloods with my meter; it's paid off. My HbA1c came back today as 36mmol!

For me, low carb is a sustainable way forward and I have more energy being low carb, which surprised me. Occasionally I do miss eating the things I used to and I probably always will but the results speak for themselves.

Thank you to everyone on here, this forum is full of useful information with friendly people willing to offer advice and everyone is so supportive! Without this forum, I think I would have been flailing around trying to find the right advice and may not have had such a great result today.

Now to keep it going and make this a sustained change!

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
@ThoseRainyDays ..what a great result for you and in such short time . I'd agree with you in saying the support ,info and advice is second to none on this site from the many on here.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent results well done you and such a great feeling when you get your health back by taking control of what you eat. Great turnaround in a few months congratulations

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At the beginning of March, I was diagnosed as type 2 following a HbA1c of 65mmol. I wasn't given any advice other than to go on Diabetes UK and ask questions but I was referred for retinopathy checks and had a foot check as well.

Looking online and on this forum, I found a lot of information regarding low carb eating and set my mind to making changes and reducing my next HbA1c. My ultimate goal is pre diabetic levels or sustained remission.

Yesterday I prompted my GP surgery for my 3 month blood check and awaited the results. I've lost over 2 stone since March and have been keeping an eye on my bloods with my meter; it's paid off. My HbA1c came back today as 36mmol!

For me, low carb is a sustainable way forward and I have more energy being low carb, which surprised me. Occasionally I do miss eating the things I used to and I probably always will but the results speak for themselves.

Thank you to everyone on here, this forum is full of useful information with friendly people willing to offer advice and everyone is so supportive! Without this forum, I think I would have been flailing around trying to find the right advice and may not have had such a great result today.

Now to keep it going and make this a sustained change!
Very well done - Keep up the good work :)

ThoseRainyDays

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all, it feels brilliant to be back in control, although I think it will take a while to sink in fully just how much I've turned my health around. While it takes dedication, determination and changing the way you think about food, remission is achievable and I'm one step closer now!

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Remember that 36 is your average across 3 months while you've been tapering down from A1c 65.
Imagine how good your next A1c will be in 3 months when it's not polluted by weeks of higher readings.

Congrats

Reactions: ThoseRainyDays