Huge difference with glucose readings with freestyle Libre 2 why?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Hello everyone I’m a bit confused. The 1st day the libre was fine I was just curious and compared the reading to my monitor. The libre said 6.3 and the monitor 5.3 I know there’s a lag. It was also fine on the 2nd. But issues is on the 3rd day yesterday. The libre kept saying my blood was low 3.9 when on the monitor it said 8.0 and like this morning (4th day) when I was waking up I got the low alert it said my blood glucose were 4.2 heading down however on my monitor it said it was 17.6 and that’s been the biggest difference I’ve had. I’m just a bit confused as I thought the difference is only between 3 numbers and why it’s doing this? As I thought there supposed to be accurately?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Some of them do fail, if its constantly showing a lot lower than it is you need to put on a new one and contact Abbott to send you a replacement (have your meter readings handy so you can tell them what the differences are and your reader/phone is case they ask you to look for error messages)

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could have been a compression low if you were sleeping on the sensor.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Some of them do fail, if its constantly showing a lot lower than it is you need to put on a new one and contact Abbott to send you a replacement (have your meter readings handy so you can tell them what the differences are and your reader/phone is case they ask you to look for error messages)

[QUOTE}="Hopeful34, post: 2524060, member: 378858"]It could have been a compression low if you were sleeping on the sensor.[/QUOTE]

thanks, but it somehow fixed it self as from yesterday it said a couple hours later sensor error try again in 20 mins and It was back working with in a couple hours after and now the diffenrence isn’t as big and not huge anymore. The main difference is I was drinking more water and tea that day. So I don’t know if being hydrated helps and I’m guessing the sleeping one might of been compression low. (Although I’m not exactly sure what compressing low means)

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad it's better now. Being hydrated definitely helps accuracy for me. People have found that when the sensor is on the side they sleep on, it causes pressure on the sensor, which in turn can cause a false low reading from the sensor (compression low).

Reactions: Lulu9101112