EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I always keep lucozade with me and keep it by the bath.

My understanding is that they changed the formula a few years back so they also contain less sugar...

Lrlp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
That would also explain why I need more of it now to bring my sugars up than I used to.

Your dog is cute by the way :)

RoughcutAU

Ohhh I've learnt something new I honestly had no idea what it was. I think I've lived in West Wales too long

Rabbit on as much as you want because I'd like to know different things and what other type 1 diabetics do etc. Random question but if you go out for a meal, how do you usually work out how much insulin to take? I sometimes get it wrong

My Carb Counting eating out is usually pretty good but I sure do make mistakes sometimes. The course actually helped me to be less hard on myself and experiment more. I still like to peruse the menu at home first and try and pick an easy meal to add up - but also “wing it” on occassion.

Lrlp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
My Carb Counting eating out is usually pretty good but I sure do make mistakes sometimes. The course actually helped me to be less hard on myself and experiment more. I still like to peruse the menu at home first and try and pick an easy meal to add up - but also “wing it” on occassion.

I need to learn to be less hard on myself as well.
The I always go for stuff which involves pasta or potato. The worst things probably (please don't tell me off lol)

What part of the UK are you from? If you don't mind me asking :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RoughcutAU

RoughcutAU

I need to learn to he less hard on myself as well.
The I always go for stuff which involves pasta or potato. The worst things probably (please don't tell me off lol)

What part of the UK are you from? If you don't mind me asking :)

I’m actually an Aussie! I just find this forum so much better and more interactive then the Australian version.

I definitely still love my carbs and usually find carb heavy pasta/potato meals easier to dose for then some meals with hidden carbs. One advantage of T1 eat what you want just dose appropriately.

Lrlp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
I’m actually an Aussie! I just find this forum so much better and more interactive then the Australian version.

I definitely still love my carbs and usually find carb heavy pasta/potato meals easier to dose for then some meals with hidden carbs. One advantage of T1 eat what you want just dose appropriately.

Sorry, I just assumed you were in the UK.
Yes that is true :) I don't have much of a sweet tooth which is good. My dentist loves me and says I have such good teeth haha XD