Feeling very sad.....

Bucco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So, yes I know I'm feeling sorry for myself, but I do feel a little bit lost and alone. Admittedly, I have had nothing but positive support from everyone, including members of this forum, however I am starting to feel a little bit sorry for myself.

Sad, frustrated and in need of a hug.....

Only two weeks into being insulin dependent and already.fed p with the whole f*!in drama of it all, wife telling the neighbours before I have.... Work colleagues deciding they need to tell every other person, family all gossiping....

Self pitying and very ungrateful I know, but **** it....this is real, and I have to learn to deal with it....

Sorry for the rant, just feeling a bit low and fed up with it all (already!).

sdgray22

Dislikes
Loud Music, Confrontations, blood and gore on the TV
rant away - maybe it will make you feel better - hope so. What I find amazing is that all of a sudden you are someone to be spoken about rather than to!! please do not feel fed up any longer they will all get over it all eventually!
Sharon
:***:
I have put this smiley on because it has one eye bigger than the other for what reason i don't know and it amused me i thought it might cheer you up, especially as it says *** under it. I am sure it doesn't mean what immediately came to my mind!! :lol:

Riesenburg

Dislikes
Doctors who know less about diabetes and endocrinology than their patients.
Hi Bucco,

Don't worry about it, just let your feelings flow! If you want to rant away! I'm sure everyone on here will be happy to send you a big /hug

Think about it this way, it's only something you need to keep track of, you can in fact be more in control of how your body works then a non-diabetic. I can tell you that it does have an up side to it. I am on insulin for a long time now, and one thing I do like is the fact that following a meal I am ready to go again whereas my colleagues will feel sluggish and sleepy until their body starts producing the insulin naturally! (which can take much longer to clear the high sugars then our insulins do).

I know it is hard but try to just relax about it. I think it is not really nice of others to tell everyone about it before you do, but that tends to be the case, women and men socialize differently. Have a word with your wife tell her how you feel, explain it to her. She might not even realize it bothers you, maybe she did it in order to avoid you having to go about explain it to everyone? It might also be her way of dealing with it. Have a chat with her, sharing these things with your partner will make it easier for both of you. I know it is hard but just be strong and you will get to grips with the diabetes!!!

Frankie

starlight1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people who have no manners
sorry bout the three faces i must have pressed the wrong buttons x starlight :oops:

Bucco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks everyone, bad day yesterday - incredibly lucky really.

jay2506

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All these emotions are perfectly natural - and you are entitled to feel them - you have been through a life changing event - it's bound to knock you sideways even if just for a little while. We've all been there.

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling low. Make sure that you get all the support that you need from people around you. Ask for help if you need it and if your employer has a good Occ Health department take full advantage of it.

I've found it easier if I don't advertise the fact I'm diabetic. Initially, I just told the first aiders in my office in case I needed help. I'm not embarassed about it or anything, just feel it's no one elses business.

Hope you are feeling better.

artofmany

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who didn't leave the playground behind,
Food manufacturers who think sugar and preservatives need to be in everything
Hi there.

I'm quite an open person and feel that talking to and learning from others is the best way to get past things. Talking to a lot of people about diabetes over the last week since I've been diagnosed has helped. What I remember is that Type 1 is not really my fault, so it's nothing to be embarrassed about. It was most likely a virus that made my immune system attack my pancreas, not something I can really do anything about.

Another reason for being open about it is that NOBODY knows anything about diabetes, even when Type 2 is spreading fast in western countries. The more people are educated about all types of diabetes, the better it will be for everyone. It should be as socially well-known as the need to wear glasses.

I was inquisitive about a friend's Type 1 a few years ago and seeing how easy he makes it look has given me hope that life just goes on and you learn to deal with it in various ways. My friend's dad also has Type 1. He's in his late 50's and he's had it since he was about 25 or so, and he enjoys life to the full. He's always been quite open about it when asked, too.

Just think how low you've felt when at your worst, and imagine helping someone else in the same circumstances just by having a conversation. Your life has changed, mine has too, and quite drastically, and talking helps. That said, I do agree with the advice on here that you should be in control and be the one to tell people. I'm sure your wife will understand if you ask her to show temperance.

mrawfell

What I have to say is easier to say than do. Sorry. If you broke your arm, well people would know and most likely feel sorry, unless they found out you had been at the pub all night. If you had cancer again they would have sympathy. However diabetes is a bit of an unknown. so just relax people here know the score, as usual it is the ignorant that cause all the problems. If you feel like spitting your dummy out, and wanting a cuddle welcome, we all have off times.