What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to mention my good bargain from Morrisons the other day. They were selling off bulk packs grom their pizza and salad counters so got a kilo bag of grated cheddar for £1. It's now in 100g bags in the freezer :happy:.
Still didn't quite offset the £470 garage bill for my car though!

B: ff greek with seeds and 2 apricots (finding my bg stays reasonable if I have fruit with other foods, especially creamy ones)
Dancing
L: egg mayo with lettuce and cucumber. Extra grated cheese. 1 Bounty bar ice cream.
More dancing
Filled car with petrol eek!:arghh:
D: cauliflower cheese bites smothered in grated cheese. 1 sq 85% choc.
I drink herbal teas, lemon and ginger being a favourite and just found it tastes nice if made strong, left to cool then topped up with fizzy water. Very refreshing.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No breakfast. Swimming pool workout in morning, prefer to do that before food, but did have small cup of black decaff coffee, and drank plenty of water.
Late lunch, salmon steak with mayo and cheese.
Dinner, ham and egg salad, coleslaw, tonic water.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
today could have been better ...
breakfast - left over veggies from last nights dinner
6 mile hilly walk to pub where i ordered a beer to have with my salad lunch - only to find that they didnt have salad on the menu :-(
so i ordered the sausages and tried not to eat the mash .. i failed as i was hungry
6 mile hilly walk back to the car
supper - 3 dark ryvita with some more of that runny camembert, chicken liver pate and coleslaw

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All. At last I am back in my usual eating pattern. Not eating a proper meal for at least 5 days affected my digestive process when I resumed. Last night not quite as bad as the previous one. Firstly @Annb sorry for all the extra eating issues due to being away from home. I don’t know how you cope with it all but full of admiration for how you do. Hope today is a calm day for you. @Pipp I think that dinner upending drama would have sent me to bed in tears!
Yesterday brekkie slice LC toast and lots of tea.
Lunch was a comforting mug of Chicken soup and 2 mini Higgidy quiches. Then had a 3 hour nap which proved very restorative. Supper was my chicken, chorizo, pepper & paprika stir fry with cauli rice and there were signs my sense of taste is returning. Yay!
Today have had the usual brekkie. Lunch is a mystery atm but will be something scrappy grabbed from the fridge, likely chunk of cheese, pickled onion for taste, and anything else LC that jumps out at me. Supper will be a Lo Dough pizza with blobs goats cheese, black olives and a few chopped cherry toms and a dusting of dried Italian herbs. Mr PM is out for dinner so that will make an easy and light supper.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Thank you, glad to be back. I'm struggling to get back into the swing of things diet-wise. Today, I have cold roast turkey, salad, hard-boiled eggs and cress so will sort them into meals after 1 o'clock. I've started fasting till then so it will be coffee and/or water/squash.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello All. At last I am back in my usual eating pattern. Not eating a proper meal for at least 5 days affected my digestive process when I resumed. Last night not quite as bad as the previous one. Firstly @Annb sorry for all the extra eating issues due to being away from home. I don’t know how you cope with it all but full of admiration for how you do. Hope today is a calm day for you. @Pipp I think that dinner upending drama would have sent me to bed in tears!
Yesterday brekkie slice LC toast and lots of tea.
Lunch was a comforting mug of Chicken soup and 2 mini Higgidy quiches. Then had a 3 hour nap which proved very restorative. Supper was my chicken, chorizo, pepper & paprika stir fry with cauli rice and there were signs my sense of taste is returning. Yay!
Today have had the usual brekkie. Lunch is a mystery atm but will be something scrappy grabbed from the fridge, likely chunk of cheese, pickled onion for taste, and anything else LC that jumps out at me. Supper will be a Lo Dough pizza with blobs goats cheese, black olives and a few chopped cherry toms and a dusting of dried Italian herbs. Mr PM is out for dinner so that will make an easy and light supper.

So glad you are beginning to feel better, it's horrid not being able to taste or smell food - really disturbing for the appetite. Your planned pizza sounds very tasty, so do enjoy it.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Thank you, glad to be back. I'm struggling to get back into the swing of things diet-wise. Today, I have cold roast turkey, salad, hard-boiled eggs and cress so will sort them into meals after 1 o'clock. I've started fasting till then so it will be coffee and/or water/squash.

Good to see you back Rosemary. You'll soon get back into the swing of things - you did so well before. The options for food look good, so enjoy it when you can have it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: liver with onion gravy, Brussels and broccoli followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

7778526D-36D9-40F5-BE02-A0A750E30206.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 10ish, but I’d been up since 5 so felt lunchtime ish - pack of M&S rollitos
Actual lunchtime- h/m mackerel pate on SLC toast and M&S seedy crackers
D- a hurried, cold leftover bit of chicken caprese casserole. 2 glasses white wine later on

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid morning: cheese
L: cauliflower bites with ham. Yoghurt with raspberries
4:30 a nut bar
D: 2 lamb kofta with hm tsatiki sauce, caulifower and cabbage
9pm cheese and 1 m&s flatbread cracker. 1 sq 85% choc

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beef sausages, two well done fried eggs, tomatoes, two lices of toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Pork chops, green veggies, butter muchroom gravy for lunch.
Hot roast beef and gravy sandwiches from a takeaway shop near the hospital for supper at six.

Finished the bottle of single malt off before I went to bed early.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Catching up on 3 days of missed posts after a sailing trip with a group of 17 and 18 year olds.
Had a completely patternless eating pattern during those three days, but it worked very well. :)

This time I thought to bring my own dinner and not just bits and bobs as emergency food, a frozen block of soup/stew with lots of veggies, a tin of tomatoes and minced meat.
Very good idea in theory, especially freezing it to be able to transport without leaking, but in real lif it turned out I didn't want to fiddle with pots and pans after sailing, especially because the skipper never cooks so there was nothing to cook with in the private part of the ship. So I had the stew after getting home yesterday night, with added creme fraiche. :hungry:

During the trip I just ate randomly whenever I felt hungry or when my BG started to drop (basal dose, even reduced, is a tad high for those active sailing days).
So a late breakfast of a slice of low carb bread with two cold burgers left over from the previous group when dropping below 5 without insulin (usually takes 4 to 8 units), or an afternoon snack of a hard boiled egg with tuna mayo (store bought) when peckish but above 6, a couple of slices of liverwurst at a different time, shared with the dogs of course.

Once a bowl of tinned veggie soup with the guests, they kindly scooped from the top of the pot to avoid the noodles at the bottom, but did do some fishing in the pot to make sure I got plenty of those little meatballs in my bowl. :)
Evenings another slice of bread with meat or cheese, and plenty of nuts, pork scratchings and cheese before bed.

Odd as this may be, diabetes behaved very well this way! :)

292243546_10225824175465414_7224507072142321237_n.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ham sandwich for breakfast again. It gets less decadent as time goes on and it's all that I can reach for until I loosen up.

2nd meal - soon, will be more of the mince (a la Goonergal) with some pretty sorry looking aubergine, courgette and tomato chopped in to use them up. In the oven at present.