High sugar

Belley2706

Hi, can someone help me
I have type 2 diabetes with tablets
I cannot get my sugar below 14
I have tried everything
Next time I go to doctors they have said if it hadn't improved I have to inject and I dont want to

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hello Belley2706. Would you mind telling us what tablets you take and what you would eat in a typical day please? Also when and how you were diagnosed as Type 2 would also help.

Belley2706

Hi I take 2 glicaside on morning with a diplaflozin
I take ramipril, atorvastin, amodopine, aligliptin after evening meal and 2 glicaside on a evening before bed
I was diagnosed couple of years ago with blood tests

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You say you’ve tried everything, but could you tell us what you’ve tried please?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could you please give us an example of a typical day’s food and drink for you on a ‘no’ carb diet. I have put ‘.’ around the word no as a no carb diet is virtually impossible. I wonder if some carbs are sneaking in when you didn’t realise?

Belley2706

Strawberries and Raspberries for breakfast
2 brown crackers with cheese and apple for lunch
Stir fry for tea
Water and lemon throughout the day and back coffee

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Strawberries and Raspberries for breakfast
2 brown crackers with cheese and apple for lunch
Stir fry for tea
Water and lemon throughout the day and back coffee

Thanks for that. Breakfast sounds perfect (except I’d have some cream with the berries! :hungry:). 2 crackers will have some carbs in, unless they are specifically low carb ones. Then your stirfry might be carby depending on the ingredients, noodles and some stir fry sauces will contain carbs. Might be worth calculating just how many carbs you are eating

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
It could be that you have one of the other types of diabetes and that you do not actually have Type 2. Do you know what blood tests were done at the time of your diagnosis?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Like @Dr Snoddy I wonder if you are one of the many adults with Type 1 diabetes (or LADA) who are misdiagnosed.
Unfortunately, some doctors still seem to think Type 1 is a childhood disease even though more than half of us have been diagnosed over the age of 20 with people in their 90s getting the news.

You say you do not want to inject. Having Type 1, I have no choice and can promise you there are far worse things in life. The needles are tiny and discrete.
Yes, there is a risk of hypos which are not nice but the occasional low better than high levels all the time.

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I have to inject and I dont want to

You sound like me some time ago. Fast forward a few years and now I'm on insulin, and to be honest, I wish I was on it sooner - It's much easier to manage for me personally.

I hated needles. in fact, a few times I almost passed out at blood tests but the needles on insulin pens are tiny and 90% of the time you don't even feel a thing - sometimes I have to double check to make sure 'its in' - It really isn't much hassle at all.

Reactions: RoughcutAU