What kind of pump do you use?

Joe311

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone. I just joined this app and figured I'd ask everyone what kind of pump they use and how they feel about it? I just started using the Omnipod 5 and so far I am happy with it.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @Joe311 Welcome to the forum ;)

I use the tandem slim with the dexcom g6, it's as close to closed loop pumping as you can get through the NHS, works great for me as makes adjustments to the my basal rate when running high/low, you still have to bolus for food/corrections but that's easily done, I have the Clarity software app too which tells me trends/patterns which is useful for adjusting ratios, it's a tubed system but am used to that having used the medtronic 640g before using this one.

What are you happy about with your Omnipod ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe311

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Joe311, welcome :)
I'm on my second Medtronic 640g and I like it. I know lots of people want the newest pumps available with the new features etc but I'm happy with this one and I'm very grateful for it.

steveo4

Hi Joe
I'm currently on the insight pump but due to it being recalled I'll be getting the t slim soon.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi Joe, currently using omnipod dash but hopeful that NHS Scotland will roll out omnipod 5 on NHS by time I can upgrade pump

Joe311

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Joe, currently using omnipod dash but hopeful that NHS Scotland will roll out omnipod 5 on NHS by time I can upgrade pump
I recently went from the Omnipod dash to Omnipod 5 and it's very much the same except for if you use a CGM it sends your sugar level to it and will automatically try to keep your sugar at a stable level

Joe311

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Joe311 Welcome to the forum ;)

I use the tandem slim with the dexcom g6, it's as close to closed loop pumping as you can get through the NHS, works great for me as makes adjustments to the my basal rate when running high/low, you still have to bolus for food/corrections but that's easily done, I have the Clarity software app too which tells me trends/patterns which is useful for adjusting ratios, it's a tubed system but am used to that having used the medtronic 640g before using this one.

What are you happy about with your Omnipod ?
The Omnipod does pretty much the same thing and connects to my Dexcom so it can automatically make adjustments when needed!

Reactions: Juicyj

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
closed looping (reactive not learning algorithmn) with tandem control iq and dexcom g6 - definitely a tech breakthrough for me.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
I recently went from the Omnipod dash to Omnipod 5 and it's very much the same except for if you use a CGM it sends your sugar level to it and will automatically try to keep your sugar at a stable level
I have struggled with getting a stable BG since changing from pens to pods. A few days of being quite stable then a few days of lows. I follow all the diabetic rules for using a pump but my needs just keep changing. Anyway fingers crossed for omnipod 5. Can I ask where you live? Thsnks

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Closed-looping with Medtronic 780g and Guardian 3 Sensors :)

Absolute game-changer for me and couldn't imagine my life without it!

Joe311

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have struggled with getting a stable BG since changing from pens to pods. A few days of being quite stable then a few days of lows. I follow all the diabetic rules for using a pump but my needs just keep changing. Anyway fingers crossed for omnipod 5. Can I ask where you live? Thsnks
I had an issue too with my sugars going low but I talked to my doctor and it seems we got it figured out. It's a weird adjustment but it takes time to fix. I live in NY

Reactions: Soplewis12

Joe311

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Closed-looping with Medtronic 780g and Guardian 3 Sensors :)

Absolute game-changer for me and couldn't imagine my life without it!
Never heard of those! Glad to hear it making things much better for you tho :)

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
Omnipod DASH + Dexcom G6.

Love it.

Vickstar36

Hi i'm Vicky, 29, had diabetes since age 2. My DSN and team switched me from the nano Medtrum and their cgm and libre 2 to the Medtronic 780g and Guardian 4 sensors. In the 3 months i have been on the Medtronic i used up a full box on sensors in first couple of weeks after no sensor lasted longer than 2 days. Have been using it with the libre 2 sensor now for past 2 months after not been allowed to use the guardian 4 sensors i have here as they don't work with my body. My long term test has dropped to 42 and have been booked in to see DSN by doctors after having 7 or 8 hypos daily and some are lasting 5hrs even with lots of things like lift drinks, lucozade, and orange juice. Keep dropping to floor daily now and not well mentally and very drained. I was happy with my previous Medtrum pump as their cgm stopped my insulin during early hours which is when my longest hypos are. Now i don't have that and i don't get any warnings about hypos or sugars changing. I'm afraid to leave the house as have no partner and have had to cancel health appointments because of it. I need to come off this pump before i end up in hospital but my DSN seems to think it should work when it quite clearly isn't. Any help or advice would be much appreciated please as not sure if i'll be here end of year at this rate and the only ones seeing that are my family who are having to keep looking after me and it's not fair on them to have me as this burden.

Attachments

• 290908696_598055951712030_1236745344365410281_n.jpg
    290908696_598055951712030_1236745344365410281_n.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 92