Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

You may have noticed some posts have disappeared between yesterday afternoon and this morning.
We're very sorry about this.

Be sure it wasn't because you did anything wrong (if that happens you'll get an alert message with the reason) but simply a nasty technical problem with a server.

The problem has been fixed but it looks like everything which has disappeared is not retrievable.

If you see someone posting to ask where their posts have gone you can reply with a link to this thread to let them know what happened.

Kind regards,
Antje, on behalf of the mod and admin team.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you both. I posted a question about this in the General Chat because I couldn't find any forum about goofs or glitches.

I agree, @Pipp -- I *knew* I hadn't dreamed my posts but I was starting to wonder! :)

Reactions: Antje77

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you pin this thread so it doesn’t get lost?

I noticed the forum went down this morning and have just looked at my list of posts and some are definitely AWOL!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Could you pin this thread so it doesn’t get lost?

I noticed the forum went down this morning and have just looked at my list of posts and some are definitely AWOL!
I think this will be old news rather quick so I don't think pinning will be of much use.
As long as people keep reacting to it it will keep getting bumped to the top of the recent posts list. :)

valann

Phew!! Thought I'd upset someone or done something wrong and my thread "First Meal of the Day" had been taken down, so thanks Antje for letting us know. x

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Phew!! Thought I'd upset someone or done something wrong and my thread "First Meal of the Day" had been taken down, so thanks Antje for letting us know. x
It's very unfortunate all those posts and threads have disappeared.
Please feel free to start a new thread!

This is the first time this has happened since I joined the forum, let's hope it's the last time too, I don't like it one bit!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can remember at least 1 post that's disappeared, I think there were more. How to make peppercorn sauce was the one I remember most

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How to make peppercorn sauce was the one I remember most
Good thing that @Pipp has now shared her son in laws version to make up for the lost one. :)
I can remember at least 1 post that's disappeared, I think there were more.
It's every post that was posted between yesterday afternoon and this morning. Not only the ones on peppercorn sauce, which is annoying but no disaster, but also the ones replying to worried members with serious issues. And who knows what new threads have been started by new members in trouble, who are not aware their post has accidentally disappeared?

It's a very unhappy situation.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Just bumping this for those of you who are on a different time zone to the UK forumites and are wondering what happened to your posts yesterday.
All forum activity has been lost between UK 13th July 4pm to UK 14th July 9.50am :bigtears:

Reactions: Antje77

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I had a post go MIA, must not have been important because I don’t remember what it was.

Lupf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it looks like the problem just reappeared. I posted something this afternoon, but now I cannot find the thread anymore

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lupf I think the mods might be looking at that particular thread. I posted on it too. Yours was a good post :)

Reactions: Lupf

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your concerns.
Sometimes threads need to be moved for housekeeping purposes.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Lupf I think the mods might be looking at that particular thread. I posted on it too. Yours was a good post :)
That thread will return tomorrow afternoon at the latest after some moderating. :)

Reactions: zand
D

Deleted member 543160

You may have noticed some posts have disappeared between yesterday afternoon and this morning.
We're very sorry about this.
'''
Antje, on behalf of the mod and admin team.
I lost a few posts over night, and realised later what must have happened as I actually saw the forum go down early morning. I assumed there'd been an overnight forum backup previous to the failure so some posts would have been recovered, but if we're missing them since the previous afternoon it must have been a much more serious issue....