Libre 2

Wee eck

I've been using Libre 2 for about 2 months now and I'm really pleased with it. I initially compared results with finger stabs and noted no real difference however last night my low sensor alarm went off 3 times during the night and on each occasion finger stab results were normal (e.g. Libre 2 = 3.6 and finger stab = 6.5). With a science background I tried to consider variables for such occurrences and the obvious one was the current high temperatures.
I am reminded it is an interstitial reading and not a blood glucose reading. I'm assuming any dehydration would impact Libre 2 readings.
Any suggestions?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Any suggestions?

Was it a new sensor? I find my dexcom sensor sometimes under reads in the first 12 hours. (I appreciate that it's a different device but am pretty sure that the tecnological principles are similar).

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dehydration can cause our sensors to read lower. .
And, in the heat, we are more likely to become dehydrated.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
People report low readings caused my compression - lying on it. Never knowingly experienced it myself.

HTH

Wee eck

Was it a new sensor? I find my dexcom sensor sometimes under reads in the first 12 hours. (I appreciate that it's a different device but am pretty sure that the tecnological principles are similar).

Not a new sensor (2 days remaining). I’m accepting it has been a heat / hydration related issue. Will report If there is a further incident.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
My latest sensor has been reading about 1.0 mmol low the whole 14 days and some strange reading at the start. Thankfully I start a new one tomorrow

Wee eck

Not a new sensor (2 days remaining). I’m accepting it has been a heat / hydration related issue. Will report If there is a further incident.
In spite of good hydration I continued to have issues e.g. “reading not available try again in 10 minutes” this repeated several times resulting on a graph with many gaps. With only a day to go I gave up with this sensor and finger stabbing in the hope that a new sensor would resolve the problem. Glad to say new sensor working fine.
Initial issue was most likely one of heat and hydration which may have led to the demise of the sensor unit. All well again and fingers enjoying the freedom from stabs.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using Libre 2 for about 2 months now and I'm really pleased with it. I initially compared results with finger stabs and noted no real difference however last night my low sensor alarm went off 3 times during the night and on each occasion finger stab results were normal (e.g. Libre 2 = 3.6 and finger stab = 6.5). With a science background I tried to consider variables for such occurrences and the obvious one was the current high temperatures.
I am reminded it is an interstitial reading and not a blood glucose reading. I'm assuming any dehydration would impact Libre 2 readings.
Any suggestions?

Stay hydrated & you can’t go far wrong..? :)

In my experience, they can read a little higher if dehydrated. Interstitial fluid may likely to be more concentrated…

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
The scan in 10 minutes error is when your BG is going up/down rapidly