Type 1 Hypos and emotions

AngelinaJ

This summer with the hot weather has definitely increased the number of ‘severe’ hypos even with a near 40% reduction in insulin. I’m finding that the after effects of hypos are leaving me emotionally drained to the point of tears, very unlike me. Does this happen to anyone else?
A bit of background.. have been type1 for 37 years, have been using a Medtronic pump for 9 years with a freestyle2 sensor. My overall control/HbA1c is 6.1% best I’ve ever had!! only achieved over the past few years-I was in the 8s ++ before that. Better control has meant far more hypos sadly.

Beepie

The hot weather has been a right pain .I’ve been type 1 for 50 years and the hot weather gets to me every year .The last week has been exceptional and I have not been able to keep up with the drops in glucose levels easily ,coupled with the fact that I haven’t wanted to eat .I’ve managed not to go into a hypo although I’ve been running pretty low which makes me unable to function properly and just want to be left alone ,not like me at all,so I guess the quick answer would have been …..yes I’m the same as you .

TerriH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Noise, hooligan drivers and most of all rude, selfish and totally inconsiderate people.
Indeed the hot weather is a real problem and although type 1 for 57 years it affects me all through the summer with hypos espe
ally at night. I always keep glucose tablets next to me and the Libre 2 meter is a lifesaver even though the alarm goes off several times during the night so a nonalarm sleep is very rare!!!
Next up will be the end of British summertime when the levels go haywire again. This is all part of being diabetic But you will get through and you are certainly not alone!!
T.