Advice please!!

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all!

Me again!
Just want to know if this sounds ok.... I still haven't had my clinic appointment so I'm playing it by ear at the moment!!!

I'm currently having breakfast at about 9am, a Cup A Soup type effort around 11am, my lunch at 130pm, another soup at 330pm then dinner around 630pm. Does this sound ok? I have no idea what I'm doing!!!

Thanks!

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
How many grams of Carbohydrate are in the soup? If I remember correctly, they are a bit sweet aren't they?

It doesn't sound very substantial, there are things that you could eat that would be more satisfying and have lower carbs...

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't get the chance to eat much during the day as I work at a desk with 2 ten minute tea breaks and half an hour for lunch so I'm just trying to make sure I have something through the day.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
owensmum
I eat bits of cold meat and cheese, or an avocado for lunch, a slice of salami, or the like for breakfast. Dinner will be meat and vegor sometimes HOMEMADE soup. cupasoups are high in carbs. Miso soup is lower than most. A cup of Marmite works quite well.
I find I can handle a single slice of Burgen Soy and linseed bread in the morning.
the best basis for a low carb diet is green leafy veggies or salads.
the Collins Little gem carb book is inexpensive and will help.
Hana

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all!

I've now modified this slightly... I now have porridge for breakfast, fruit mid morning, lunch then more fruit mid afternoon and then dinner. I feel better and so far have had no "crashes" halfway through the day! So far so good!

:thumbup:

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Every day, I take a lunch box to work. Contains finely chopped salad (lettuce, cue, toms, peppers, spring onions, radishes, watercress, celery, olives) add chopped cheese and meats or saveloy sausage. add spoon of mayonaisse, squirt of olive oil and a touch of All purpose seasoning to taste. For pud I take a Hartleys Sugar free jelly with greek yoghurt and cinammon.
Have had "Reversed Diabetes" for 2 1/2 years. (HBA1C in normal range, no meds)

All the Best - Steve