Carbs i can tolerate!!!!!

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
At last i have found some carbs that dont put my BG through the roof.
Tuesday evening i had a meal with a couple of slices of gluten free bread[needed a marmite fix as its not so nice on broccoli] and 2 hours later my reading was 9.3, the highest its been for about 5 months. Today i tried 6 slices of a gluten free crispbread with an olivio spread and marmite and the figures after 2 hours were 5.1. At last i can have my marmite. Got the stuff from Sainsburys, made by DS and contains 4.4 g of carbs per slice. Well happy.

Andy :)

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Good for you, Andy. A little bit of what you fancy is not always bad!!

Doug

Mothman

Dislikes
borofergie said:
Mothman said:
a gluten free crispbread with an olivio spread and marmite

:sick:
Cant help it if you dont like marmite :D .
I need the stuff regularly, like every day and it just dosnt taste right on broccoli. :)

Andy

Mothman

Dislikes
Another bloody good result, tested 4.3 this pm 2 hours after lunch. Some ham on one of these corn crispbreads with olivio spread and marmite along with a tomato cuppa soup with chilli. Never had such a low BG since being diagnosed last July and ALL thanks to this forum.

Andy

Defren

Mothman said:
borofergie said:
Mothman said:
a gluten free crispbread with an olivio spread and marmite

:sick:
Cant help it if you dont like marmite :D .
I need the stuff regularly, like every day and it just dosnt taste right on broccoli. :)

Andy

I love Marmite too, but broccoli is one of the very few veg I can't stand. Marmite on cauliflower? Just doesn't have a ring to it does it :?: The carbs in a slice of crisp bread are too high for me, so I have to forgo my Marmite :cry: Not fair is it? :)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Nice one mothman :wave:

Mothman

Dislikes
[ love Marmite too, but broccoli is one of the very few veg I can't stand. Marmite on cauliflower? Just doesn't have a ring to it does it :?: The carbs in a slice of crisp bread are too high for me, so I have to forgo my Marmite :cry: Not fair is it? :)[/quote]

Thats a ****** isnt it. However it does show how things affect us differently, only way to find out is by testing after eating various types of carbs. So far this is the only type of carbs i seem to be able to tolerate. Not much for sure but a damned sight better than nothing.

Andy

Mothman

Dislikes
Hi Helena,

i bought in Sainsburys in their gluten free section and its called DS gluten free Crispbread, suitable for veggies, 150 g.

It says that per slice its 20 calories, 0.1g fat, trace sat fat,0.12 salt and 0.3g sugar. Its seems to be the only thing that works for me as most other carbs send me sky high and at least i can indulge in my marmite.

Andy

Defren

Mothman said:
[ love Marmite too, but broccoli is one of the very few veg I can't stand. Marmite on cauliflower? Just doesn't have a ring to it does it :?: The carbs in a slice of crisp bread are too high for me, so I have to forgo my Marmite :cry: Not fair is it? :)

Thats a ****** isnt it. However it does show how things affect us differently, only way to find out is by testing after eating various types of carbs. So far this is the only type of carbs i seem to be able to tolerate. Not much for sure but a damned sight better than nothing.

Andy[/quote]

Absolutely! I am on less than 30g of carbs a day, and even then feel I would be better even lower, but common sense tells me that's just not possible. I am still trying and testing, so maybe soon I will find something my BG agrees with so I can have my Marmite.

Mothman

Dislikes
Ime not measureing my carbs too much, just seem to go days without any at all and then just have to have something.

I wonder if, Def, you could try something similar with plenty of fat, ie marg or butter to go with the marmite as the fat would slow down the carb absorbtion?

Andy

Defren

Mothman said:
Ime not measureing my carbs too much, just seem to go days without any at all and then just have to have something.

I wonder if, Def, you could try something similar with plenty of fat, ie marg or butter to go with the marmite as the fat would slow down the carb absorbtion?

Andy

I have a slice of Burgen bread with spread and peanut butter before bed, as it gives me good fasting BG. Must admit I have to have spread between topping and bottom on anything otherwise I find it just too dry.

Helenababe

Mothman said:
Hi Helena,

i bought in Sainsburys in their gluten free section and its called DS gluten free Crispbread, suitable for veggies, 150 g.

It says that per slice its 20 calories, 0.1g fat, trace sat fat,0.12 salt and 0.3g sugar. Its seems to be the only thing that works for me as most other carbs send me sky high and at least i can indulge in my marmite.

Andy

Thanks, I shall get some at the weekend. Getting abit sick of eating the same old things.

Helena

Mothman

Dislikes
Thanks, I shall get some at the weekend. Getting abit sick of eating the same old things.

Helena[/quote]

Same here with knobs on. Dont know how ime going to manage this for the rest of my life!!!
Just going to have to persevere with it i suppose. Sucks though.

Andy

Jolo

Marmite ROCKS! :wink:
Try this: Grab a handful of salad leaves, stir in a load of mayonnaise (about 2 tablespoons depending how much you love it) and squeeze a bit of marmite over that and stir it in. it tastes awesome!!!
i found this out today when nothing else without carbs was in the cupboards at work and i'm having a no-carb day trying to figure out if my background insulin is the right dose or not! i do miss my old favourite toast n marmite tho... x :roll:

Helenababe

Andy
Same here with knobs on. Dont know how ime going to manage this for the rest of my life!!!
Just going to have to persevere with it i suppose. Sucks though.

I know what you mean. It was our daughter's 18th birthday party at the weekend. All that food?! I sometimes wonder how I get through it. It's a big endurance test for us all isn't it? Especially having to go round the supermarket aswell. I think we all deserve a medal! :)

Jolo, that sounds good. I'll try it.

Helena :)