Test strips

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all!

Please feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place!!

I've just picked up my first prescription for test strips etc and I've opened the box and they are the wrong ones! The chemist doesn't want them back even though I haven't used them or opened the plastic pot. Does anyone here want them? Seems a shame to waste them when they cost so much!

:)

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Hi there!

That's a shame about them not wanting them back even though they haven't been touched. :thumbdown:
What strips are they?

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That info probably would have helped wouldn't it!!? :D

They're Freestyle Blood Glucose ones. They have a little butterfly on them.

Paul1976

Dislikes
Do they say Abbot or optium anywhere on the label or box?

Paul1976

Dislikes
My first meter was an optium Xceed which I really like but I couldn't afford to keep buying the strips and the GP wouldn't prescribe them either and instead gave me a cheap feeling caresens n meter but I seem to remember when I last bought optium strips that they came in a box with freestyle,a butterfly and Abbot on the box so if you have a optium xceed meter they might work on your meter after all. :thumbup:
If not I'd be interested as I'd like to use my optium meter again. :wink:

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It says on the box "Suitable for Freestyle, Freestyle Freedom, Freestyle Mini and Navigator only."

Paul1976

Dislikes
Oh well,you win some,you lose some :lol:
I'm sure I've read on here about other members who use those meters so I reckon there'll be quite a few people interested later on who'll jump at the chance! :thumbup:

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ah well... If they give me the wrong ones again and it's the ones you have, I'll keep you in mind!! :thumbup:

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I think you can still use the ones you have got. Have you tried them? The Optimum is changing over to being called Freestyle and don't require coding any more.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Marie, you need to have posted five times before you can use the private message facility.