Artifical sweetners advise.

tinas40

I have been using sugar for a long time but i now want to start using artifical sweetners, but there are so many different makes available with many good/bad reviews, so can anyone suggest which would be the best one to use, ,thanks.

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
Hi tinas,
i believe it's up to everyones personal taste really in my case i prefer candarel as i find some others leave an after taste to me :D
you can even get candarel in a ground sugar type format as well as little tabs :D

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Things like Canderel and Splenda are just trade names for the chemical. There are several types, Aspartame, Sorbitol, Acesuflame K to name but a few. Google 'sweeteners' and take your pick.

Most supermarkets make their own sweeteners at a fraction of the cost that are exactly the same. Some are heat stable, some are not.
My personal choice is Tescos red top which is no good for cooking (I think it's Aspartame ) and the yellow top for cooking because it doesn't alter its taste when heated.

There is a wealth of conflicting advice about sweeteners and their safety. You pays your money and takes your choice.

wiflib

tinas40

Thank you very much for both of your responses they were very helpful, i was most concerned about the side effects/health problems related to certain ones, but i will have to do some more research,and find out some more info hopefully.

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
your welcome,
i believe aspartane can have some side affects and sorbitol can act as a laxative :thumbup:

cs41

Dislikes
DIABETES!!!
Hi Tina,

I recently discovered Splenda sweet minis which I swear by now.

http://splenda.co.uk/our-products?gclid=CMDa8f3U-q4CFcYntAodWCfxzg
:clap: