Burgen Bread -Question

mariab

Hi Everyone

I've read that if you are low-carbing you can have Burgen bread. I've just bought some buckwheat and poppyseed burgen bread - is this the one you can have?

I've managed to cut out rice, pasta & potatoes but I'm struggling with the bread.

Thanks
Maria

A

Anonymous

I think that the Buckwheat and Poppyseed is slightly higher than the Soya and Linseed, which has 11g carbs per slice. The packet should tell you.

mariab

Thanks for that - yes, I've looked on the packet and it's 17g per slice. As it's also quite nice, I thought it was too good to be true!!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only way to know if Burgen bread can be included in your diet is to test after eating it. Even at 11g a slice, it would send my sugars soaring. 11gs worth of protein, dairy or vegetables doesn't.

wiflib

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
I have just found this Burgen bread and tried the soya and linseed variety and i must say ime impressed. Didnt get the usual pain in the gut after eating 2 slices with my marmite for breakfast, 2 hours later tested 5.1 Have done this with gluten free bread and figures have been up to 7.5. Well happy.

Andy

Grazer

charlies wife said:
i bought some yesterday, tastes nice, just hope its ok for charlie to eat.
Should be fine. I replied to your introductory post with quite a lot of info which hopefully will give you more ideas about what is ok
Good luck!