kind words

Kimbers.21

hey everyone,

im feeling a little down lately just coz of the hastle of having diabetes, id say ive adapted quite well to the life style but i do get a bit upset/ fed up of seeing people eating things i want but i carnt have coz of the amounts of sugars in them n stuff, i know things will become easier but just sum words from people to keep me pushing on would b great.

thanx in advance

xxxxx

...you dont even know how very special you are...

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
It's a mindset,Kimbers,you can't have it so you don't want it!!Set yourself a day when you can have the occasional treat,it will taste all the better.Mind you since cutting down the sugars etc I find that if I do have something sweet it really tastes too sweet.
Don't be to hard on the non diabetics eating what you can't have.After all before you became a diabetic I bet you didn't think about what you were eating in front of people who could have been diabetics did you?I know I didn't.

Knowledge is the key to control

ChocFish

Oh gosh poor Kimbers, I remember how I used to feel about the unfairness of it all, I comforted myself by thinking 'oh well at least I can still eat some things, other people cannot even that any more' but it didnt always work though, so in that case I compensated with other things little treats like a new lippy or CD, etc

And dont beat yourself up, you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself you know, cant smile all the time. Also dont be too strict, occasionally its ok to say to hell with it and indulge in 'forbidden' foods just dont overdo it.

Love

Karen x

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Kimbers.21

thanks i know im allowed to av a bit of some things sum times but thn people av a go at me saying 'u shouldnt be eating that' and that also gets to me sumtimes.

xx

...you dont even know how very special you are...

Ellen

Yes, that annoys me too. We are allowed a treat sometimes! Besides which adults can make their own choices (as long as they are informed). I only tell people who have to know (family and people at work in case I need to eat something quickly).