Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Born and bred in preston lancashire , a real northern lass who speaks the queens english !!!!
Never left far from where I was born , and never will ... Adore the north.
Married a bolton lad happily married for 28years , 1 daughter 27yrs married now [thank god] her hubby can deal with her now! Best thing in my life is my pride n joy - our gorgeous 3yr old granddaughter... She is her grandma's treasure!
Love having her to share the day together also our two yorkies [doggies] whilst hubby away working.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
BeccaJaneStclare.
Married on bonfire fire night !!!
Bet there was some sparks and rockets going then . . . :lol:
Great story I loved it :thumbup:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
anna29 said:
BeccaJaneStclare.

On Bonfire Night there is always the risk of a damp squib :twisted:

Craigybus

Well I live in the Suffolk Coastal District, but am originally from Pontecarlo as it is known locally (Pontefract, West Yorks). Been down here in the land of Yokels & tractors since November 2010, but before that lived in South Leeds for 5 years. Before that, I lived in Clacton for a year.

If things don't improve job wise around here, I'm going back up north.

BeccaJaneStClair

anna29 said:
BeccaJaneStclare.
Great story I loved it :thumbup:

Thanks! It actually was kind of random that we got married on the 5th...it had been a joke with us when we got engaged and were trying to pick a wedding date....husband's time off work happened to be the first week in November, and in Pennsylvania, there is a three day waiting period for a marriage license, so it was a very happy coincidence! But we always get to celebrate with fireworks! :D

minitata

Born and raised in and around Manchester. Did some time in Edinburgh then Leigh in Lancashire. Now I'm in Oldham and expect to remain here - we've nearly moved twice but like the multicultural area that we live in. (We've lots of Pakistani & Kashmiri neighbours, our local vicarage is on our street, and we're witches - nice and diverse).

Glados

Dislikes
Courgettes.
minitata said:
Born and raised in and around Manchester. Did some time in Edinburgh then Leigh in Lancashire. Now I'm in Oldham and expect to remain here - we've nearly moved twice but like the multicultural area that we live in. (We've lots of Pakistani & Kashmiri neighbours, our local vicarage is on our street, and we're witches - nice and diverse).

I live in Longsight and we like the diversity too! I go to an Anglican church but ours is twinned with a mosque and we even read a bit from the Koran at Christmas (about Mary). :D

Some friends of friends are witches... Each to his or her own. :wink:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glados said:
Some friends of friends are witches... Each to his or her own. :wink:

My ex-wife was a witch, but in a different context I think.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I was born in Prague and even thhough Ileft it when very young, I still feel utterly at home there. I now live in Reading and have been in the same house since 1981. Have extended a bit SINCE daughter left and got married.
Now glad of the extra space for minding grandchildren regularly.
I feel very much part of this community. I know the neighbours,my granddaughter attends the nursery school her motther attended and her best friend is the child of her mother's best frend from all those years ago. We grandmothers, who gocollect the children remember doing it a generation ago. I'm addressed by name if I go in to the bank. The butcher knows how I like my cold meat sliced.
Other than Prague, this place is HOME
Hana

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Born in Lincolnshire but did my schooling in Essex as we moved there due to Dad's work. Moved back to Lincolnshire in 1983 a year after I left school.
Lived in a couple of other villages in the county before moving about 10 years ago here, a rural area alongside RAF Coningsby with great views of the planes flying around. :thumbup:

Regards
Angie

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Born in Barnsley, moved to Germany then Paris, then to Somerset to boarding school, back to Barnsley hated it so moved to London, met and married a scot, back to Barnsley, then moved to a little hamlet twixt Barnsley and Sheffield. Thinking of moving again but don't yet know where.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dawnmc said:
Born in Barnsley, moved to Germany then Paris, then to Somerset to boarding school, back to Barnsley hated it so moved to London, met and married a scot, back to Barnsley, then moved to a little hamlet twixt Barnsley and Sheffield. Thinking of moving again but don't yet know where.

Have you considered moving to Barnsley? :D

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Um.
Northampton, Wellingborough, Shepherds Bush, Islington, Manchester, Islington, South Norwood, Lincoln, Cranwell, Conningsby, South Norwood, Odiham, Tern Hill, Shawbury, Marham, Swanton Morley, Beetley, Odiham, Fareham, Ickenham, Chesham (fifteen years, my longest anywhere though there was a brief interlude in the Falklands)
The Aveyron, Sw France.
(might have left some out!)

edited remembered another 2!

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Ha ha boro, quite like Barnsley now.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
'cos it's my thread, I've decided to add to it all the other places I've lived because lots of other peeps have and I'm feeling left out........

Born on the Isle of Sheppy, moved to Coulsdon, Surrey at 6. Left home to live in Croydon, then joined the WRAC and did Guildford, Aldershot, Chertsey and Wassenberg in Germany. Left the Army and moved with my ex to Richmond in Yorkshire and had baby No. 1 there. Cried my eyes out when he told me we were posted to Lisburn when I realised he didn't mean Lisbon, whereupon baby No. 2 made his appearance.
Went to Kenley, Surrey when marriage ended and moved to Barnham, near Bognor. from there I ended up in various parts of Leicestershire, where I am forced to stay until the house prices improve and I pay a bit more of my relentless mortgage off.

Just as well that I actually like living on my own and am incredibly fussy in the bloke department. I have strict criteria; at least as tall as me and a non-smoker. Believe me, it's HARD to meet someone that perfect!

wiflib

louiseb

wiflib said:
Cried my eyes out when he told me we were posted to Lisburn when I realised he didn't mean Lisbon, whereupon baby No. 2 made his appearance.
wiflib

I take it your talking about Lisburn Northern Ireland? thats nothing to cry about Lisburn is a lovely city!

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
I'm a proper cornish bird. Born here then moved to Germany until i was 12. Dad joined the army when he was 18 so when he left we came back home. The only other place i lived was 3 months in leigh lanc's same place as minitata. Cant stand the fast pace of living. We all do things drectly here. No rush. 8)