Free Blood Glucose meters...

frankyloverubble

Dislikes
bigots,knowalls,
just thought I would let people know about some goood customer service for a change :D :eek:

called the One Touch customer helpline 0800 279414 for some new batteries for the meter they sent me to try back in April 2011. It was a Verio Pro and i've been very happy with it...needs a lot less blood than my previous Accuchek Aviva.

Not only am I going to get some new batteries but 2 more Verio Pro's ! Which is going to make things easier as I take my old Aviva to College and have another Aviva for bed time checks. (Must say though the finger pricker for the Verio Pro are not good...am going to keep using the finger pricker for the Aviva as they are on a drum)

:clap: :clap: Also,would like to thank all the peops on this site for their help and support when I was going through a patch of Severe Anxiety and Depression a few years back,as well as the usual stuff that comes with T1. :clap: :clap:

I have since retrained as an Electrician and will hopefully be let loose as a Qualified Sparky in June this year.

Good luck and happy painfree testing to all!! :) :) :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw[/youtube]

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Sounds great, i enjoy seeing positives much more than the negatives to it's good to read.

Many companies will be happy to sent out free meters if you mention your Type 1 and test ALOT, they obviously want you to get your GP to order their test strips! I for one have taken advantage of that on some occasions to test different meters to find which one i liked best and every time i mentioned i was T1 and testing 4+ times a day they were happy to send whatever i wanted!

I'm glad you found support in the forum at a difficult period in your life and it's great you hear you've clearly come out the other side a happier person!

Hope all continues to be well and best of luck when they let you off the sparky leash :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great news Frankyloverubble and good luck with your new career :thumbup: