Medtronic Paradigm Veo Insulin Pum

monikavece

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

Is anybody a lucky owner of the new MPV insulin pump? I'm more than desperate to get one and I don't know how to go about it. I've been on Accu-Chek Spirit Combo for over a year now.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice,

Monika

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
monikavece said:
Hi,

Is anybody a lucky owner of the new MPV insulin pump? I'm more than desperate to get one and I don't know how to go about it. I've been on Accu-Chek Spirit Combo for over a year now.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice,

Monika

If you are in the UK and your pump is funded by the NHS, you can have one in another 3 years :) If you are that desperate to have one before that then I'm sure there is no reason except the cost to stop you buying your own.
If you want the veo due to the CGM capalities then you will have to fund the sensor etc yourself as PCT's do not normally fund those.

tricia43

Hi
Just picked this up. I love the features on my 3rd Veo pump but I have had two that have broken and stopped delivering and had to go back to Medtronic for replacement.
As you can imagine it has caused great trauma and I haven't worked out yet how long the one that went back yesterday has been malfunctioning. Possibly as long as I have had it. I have always had horrendously high bg's and couldn't get my levels down. Current HbA1c (in old numbers) still at 9+
Just be aware nothing is perfect.
tricia43