Cheeseburger pie

SweetHeart

Still haven't told them what exactly is for tea! I've made the mince base - no shrooms (bleurgggh) so I finely diced a red pointy pepper and added that with a good bit of BBQ seasoning - and nearer teatime I'll reheat it and then do the topping.

Just about ready to put the coconut ice cream in the ice cream machine. I wasn't making the lime-marinated strawbs, so I've put the zest and juice of a lime into the ice cream.

The coconut ice cream base would make a lovely warm rice pudding substitute on cold days, it's yummy warm from the pan just after you add the cream!

Ju

Defren

SweetHeart said:
Still haven't told them what exactly is for tea! I've made the mince base - no shrooms (bleurgggh) so I finely diced a red pointy pepper and added that with a good bit of BBQ seasoning - and nearer teatime I'll reheat it and then do the topping.

Just about ready to put the coconut ice cream in the ice cream machine. I wasn't making the lime-marinated strawbs, so I've put the zest and juice of a lime into the ice cream.

The coconut ice cream base would make a lovely warm rice pudding substitute on cold days, it's yummy warm from the pan just after you add the cream!

Ju

Roll on proper eating again, I am salivating. Let me know what everyone makes of the pie. It's good to see positive feedback, even if the recipe isn't my creation.

SweetHeart

Votes for Cheeseburger Pie

4 :thumbup:
3 :thumbdown:

MH and I thought it was delicious, as did my DD and her BF. My three sons, however, weren't keen - youngest liked the mince but not the topping. The youngest two boys take their cue from the oldest and he's notoriously fussy. They are all old enough to know better and try things for themselves - I'm a bit annoyed, but at least they tried it.

I didn't expect to like it but it was lovely! MH is looking forward to the last portion for Sunday brunch!

Ju

Defren

SweetHeart said:
Votes for Cheeseburger Pie

4 :thumbup:
3 :thumbdown:

MH and I thought it was delicious, as did my DD and her BF. My three sons, however, weren't keen - youngest liked the mince but not the topping. The youngest two boys take their cue from the oldest and he's notoriously fussy. They are all old enough to know better and try things for themselves - I'm a bit annoyed, but at least they tried it.

I didn't expect to like it but it was lovely! MH is looking forward to the last portion for Sunday brunch!

Ju

I can live with 4 for it and three against :lol: Glad those who did like it, enjoyed it. I can't wait to have it again, whops a banana meal replacement shake any day :lol:

Defren

SweetHeart said:
There may be a bloodied fight over that last portion. It may all end in divorce or death......

Ju

Ha ha Jules, see xyzzy and I both told you to make extra.