TREATS ! 2000 replies needed !

Tinx

This is especially for all us newbies, I am sure we all want to know what treats everyone has, so lets have 'em !

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Mcdonalds Mcflurry on payday

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
My big treat is the 3 squares of dark chocolate straight from the freezer and melting slowly on my tongue........bliss :twisted:

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Mine is Sainsburys 85% cocoa extra dark chocolate. It comes in 5 individual 25g bars 4.8 carbs

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Tinx,
Seeing your still 1997 short of your 2000 target hers another treat: Sugar free jelly and fresh cream :roll:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Nuts!!with a small side of dried fruit for sweetness.Occasional square of dark chocolate.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When my diabetes clinic tells me my HbA1c is 4.something again! :D

All the best,

fergus

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
Oooooooohhhh .... home grown strawberries with asdas low fat creme fresh ... with a bit of canderell mixed in for good measure. Yummmmmmmmmmm :p

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Macadamia nuts or dried apricots

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does a yummy combo count?

Melt a square or two of that dark chocolate and mix in macadamias that have been whizzed up. Shape into small balls. Chill. Eat.

Melt the other two (rest of bar) squares. Stir in best double cream. Sweetener if needed. Pour. Chill. Balls. Eat.

I was also going to suggest heating up some double cream, add grated pecorino and ricotta cheese, stir until melted, add salt and pepper and pour over vegetables, but that's no treat, it's par for the course in my diet.

wiflib

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
A subscription to one of those wine by post firms like Laithwaites or Virgin, and enough friends to share them with %-)

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
taking cream in my no-caffeine (pah) coffee

one single regular Thorntons chocolate each night after main meal

this is survival - not treats!

xxx

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
We ran out of bread yesterday (my wife is not diabetic) so I had to bake some, & while doing it I made a fruit cake. #

Enjoy the aroma - & have a tiny piece.

Because of my reduced carb, I was 6.7 last night & 5.7 this morning.

whitemare

Type of diabetes
LADA
A hot spa bath with loads of fragrant bubbles............... aaaaahhhhhhh.............

I'm allergic to chocolate.

Second is a really good hot curry. Any sort. I believe chilli is addictive, especially the Dorset Naga.