Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
Hi, hope you are all well.

Just a quick question, how much does the Accu-Chek Combo cost as I am renewing my contents insurance and i've forgotten the value of them. Is it that the testing kit is £800 and the pump is £2,500 or £3,00? Or am I totally out...

Many thanks, Dusty xx

jopar

Not sure..

But the remote cost £120...

Best to phone Roche they be able to give you a price

Ova

When I was put on the combo my team said to insure for 2500 total, as in for both the pump and the remote/testing kit.

Hope this helps!

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Hi, guys, possibly getting a pump, but never knew you had to insure it?? So can I ask how do you insure your pump and who pays for it and is their special companies that do this???. And if I'm ok'yd for a pump, will this be sorted out at the app??

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hia Julie - the individual has to sort out insurance. I've just insured mine through insuranceforinsulin pumps website. It gets a mention on this website and the diabetes.org website so I just opted for it. It costs 6.99 per month so quite a bit but it seems to cover everything including loan pumps whilst travelling and no excess. I've read some other posts that say they've done it through their home insurance so this is an option too, but I've also read that some home insurance won't cover pumps. Cheers :D

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Thanks Riri, and never thought, you would need to insure, but now that you say it makes sense, home insurance sounds like one idea for cover, but you would still need to pay the excess on making a claim, wouldn't u? so the company you've gone with sounds like the best idea.

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
Thanks for the replys. I've added it onto my contents insurance for £2500 after speaking to Accu-Chek. I was just being hasty asking on here as I was comparing meerkats at the time and it was out of hours for accu-chek!! Thank you xx