Insulin pump blogs

LauraNoraLoo

My Blog

Seeing as Ive found it so hard to find someone to talk to about the insulin pump process etc... ive decided to set up my own blog. its going to be about what i go through, my feelings, the ups and the downs and everything in between.

http://gettingstarted-csii.blogspot.com/

heres the link to the first blog. comment, tell me what you think. if you want to read more.

thanks

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: My Blog

Hey Laura :)

I think a blog is a fantastic idea, especially a UK one. Do you have any idea what pump you are getting yet?

Going on saline is great (I did this too) as you can test it all without having to worry about messing anything up. I found the saline really reassuring. I also think having the pump attached 24/7 can take time to get used to. Some people just accept it straight away but I really hated it for a bit, so don't beat yourself up if this is you too. Now I hardly notice it and it's weiord when it's disconnected.

Looking forward to the next bit of blog :D

benedict

Administrator
If you have a blog you'd like to share about your experiences of being on a pump, please post them here :D

benedict

Administrator
LauraNoraLoo said:
Seeing as Ive found it so hard to find someone to talk to about the insulin pump process etc... ive decided to set up my own blog. its going to be about what i go through, my feelings, the ups and the downs and everything in between.

http://gettingstarted-csii.blogspot.com/

heres the link to the first blog. comment, tell me what you think. if you want to read more.

thanks

gollymax

Dislikes
frogs, snakes, snails, football, rugby, diabetes and all the problems that go with it
Hi All
I got my pump delivered to my home address yesterday (1st November 2011) it is a ACCU-CHEK SPIRIT COMBO, I have contacted my DSN and she and a REP will go through the set up with me, my DSN is going to contact me with a date to set up the pump. :D
I have had Type 1 diabetes for nearly 50 years, I am looking forward to using the pump and hope fully be able to make contact with other on this blog :D
I lived in a diabetic hostel in london from the age 0f 6-13 years old, see www.palingswickhouse.co.uk and see Kevin Baum you can read all about me. :)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hia Laura, I tried sending a full reply on your blog a week ago but my iPad refused to let me send it - b....y annoying. I'll try again when I have a moment. It was just to say that I was going on the same pump as you last Tuesday but my DSN had an emergency so it's been re-scheduled for next Tuesday now. Are you on insulin or saline at the moment? Hope it all continues to go week. Are you using quick sets or silouhettes? As I say, I'll try a blog response again.

Unicornz

I've been bad for a long time with my blogging, but I am happy to announce that I started a new blog this weekend (with a new goal!) and I am fully intending to keep up with it this time :thumbup: .

I wrote my first post after coming across so many comments from fellow Ds (mostly Type Ones) who, like me, have had the frustration of dealing with ignorant remarks from uneducated people around us.

Please read my post and feel free to share and follow me: The five things we want people to know about Diabetes!

I, my son who is 9 was diagnosed with type 1 14 months ago and is using multiple daily injections. He really wants to go on the pump mainly because he has loads of hypos and we have been told that the pump should give him greater control and so result in less hypos.

I haven't read your blog yet but I am going to do so now, thankyou because any advice is great.

LauraNoraLoo

jacqueline perry said:
I, my son who is 9 was diagnosed with type 1 14 months ago and is using multiple daily injections. He really wants to go on the pump mainly because he has loads of hypos and we have been told that the pump should give him greater control and so result in less hypos.

I haven't read your blog yet but I am going to do so now, thankyou because any advice is great.

im so happy to give any other infoomation! if you want i have an email x