travelling abroad with diabetic child

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: travelling aboard with diabetic child

You'll need to do some research and phoning around but if it's any help I made some enquiries about 1.5 years ago and Axa Insurance gave me a good deal compared to what the other insurers were offering. The price depends on your family, they will ask questions like how many hospital admissions your child has had in the past year etc so the price really depends on your family and will be very individual.

serankine

Hi only just saw your post we went to disney land paris in april and we went throught diabetes uk very good price and easy to do would deffinatly go through diabetes uk again

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump

Hi rosiewinning

I have travel insurance linked with my bank account and when I phoned them a few years ago regarding my son they said that it would be covered, they made a note on their side and all we needed to do was have a standard letter from our GP/Consultant saying my son was a T1. We have had this letter now for some time, I take it with us when we go on holiday and have not as yet needed to show it.

Hope this helps.

Yvonne

Hi just wanted to ask a question about disneyland paris, we have been over 7 times since then our 12 year old daughter has been diagnosed with T1 and i wondered how you coped with the food aspect of disneyland paris could you let me know how you planned this many thanks :D