hi

matty1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
polticians
hello i am new to this forum .....i have been a type 2 diabetic for 6 yrs on insulin for 2 yrs(humalog & levemir) i hope to post as often as i can .....are there many posters to this board?

matty1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
polticians
the reason i am up so late is i am in a lot of pain (neuropathy ) and i cant sleep

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi matty,

Glad you could join us. The forum has a big membership and it's growing all the time. You'll certainly find others who share whatever problems you have with diabetes. Just ask.
A quick couple of points about neuropathy - it can sometimes be reversed if you gain good blood sugar control. If you're having problems it suggests that your bs levels are too high, and probably that you've actually been diabetic for longer than you think!

All the best,

fergus

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
welcome to the forum ... I've only been here 6 weeks or so (newbie still) but have found a lot of sound advice and some lovely people.

we do often try and have a bit of a laugh to raise our spirits,

but please do ask (the clever ones anyhow) if you have anything you want to get answered by people who have diabetes (unlike the vast majority of your hcps) ...

there's a forum area set aside called "ask the experts" so if you have any specific queries, post there and somebody with a lots of knowledge and/or experience will "probably" be able to help you out

Jem xox

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome to the forum,i pop in every day at least once as this is a great place to learn :D

jallsop

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I have only been here a couple of weeks myself but found everyone very friendly and very helpful. I too suffer with neuropathy and can sympathise with you. What medication do you take, if any, for it? I used to get away with 200mg Gabapentin but now take a total of 600mg over 3 doses. My problem was uncontrollably high blood sugar levels while I was on steroids and immunsuppressants. Even thought I have been off of the offending drugs since February last, and have really good levels (weekly average 5.7, two weekly average 5.6 and monthly average 5.7) I'm afraid I have not yet seen an improvement in the neuropathy. Hopefully, I am one of the unlucky ones and you will gradually improve. But I feel your pain!!

Jackie

matty1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
polticians
jallsop said:
Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I have only been here a couple of weeks myself but found everyone very friendly and very helpful. I too suffer with neuropathy and can sympathise with you. What medication do you take, if any, for it? I used to get away with 200mg Gabapentin but now take a total of 600mg over 3 doses. My problem was uncontrollably high blood sugar levels while I was on steroids and immunsuppressants. Even thought I have been off of the offending drugs since February last, and have really good levels (weekly average 5.7, two weekly average 5.6 and monthly average 5.7) I'm afraid I have not yet seen an improvement in the neuropathy. Hopefully, I am one of the unlucky ones and you will gradually improve. But I feel your pain!!

Jackie
hi jackie thanks for your reply the medication i take for my neuropathy is pregabalin (lyrica) and duloxetine (cymbalta) they do help with the pain......i have been told that my neuropathy cant be reversed.