GMTV Scare!!

mac78

sugarless sue said:
Oh Mac!!!I thought we'd convinced you that you were non-diabetic.What are we going to do with you?

Im sorry, the report freaked me out and esp as i have been urinating at 6am everday
I am not thirsty nor do i urinate much other than that time though

Just had a eye exam and nothing was found of diabetes. Guess it would have shown if it was there

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Many people have to get up and pee during the night!!It depends what you have been drinking the night before.If you were having to get up and pee 6-7 times a night I could see the worry but once is fairly normal for a lot of people.

mac78

I really need to get over this, and just mark it down as health anxiety
As i said before that the kits i have used cant all be wrong, and the ones my mum and the chemist use must be ok or they wouldnt be able to use them.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Just a reminder to anyone thats interested this prog starts at 8pm ITV

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Wish I had'nt bothered it was a waste of time :(

graham64 said:
Just a reminder to anyone thats interested this prog starts at 8pm ITV

graham64

Dislikes
True Sue :( :( :(

sugarless sue said:
Should have just stayed here,Graham! :lol:

graham64

Dislikes
I don't think so It didn't touch on testing with meters. Go and enjoy yourself Mac, you can increase your risks by getting stressed out.
Cheers Graham

mac78 said:
Did the program make any of my fears seem worth worrying over?

graham64

Dislikes
Yes that sums it up, make sure you eat the right stuff, watch your weight and keep yourself fit and stop worrying, lifes to short .

Cheers Graham

mac78 said:
So basically i got myself in a panic over nothing :oops:

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
before i say this, i just wanna say im not trying to spark of another worrying session... you clearly don't have diabetes, but...

1 week before i was diagnosed, i went for an eye test, becasue my vision was getting blurry in the afternoons... even after telling the optitian that my vision only got blurry in the afternoon after eating lunch, he still ended up giving me a prescription for glasses!!! At the time surrounding the time of the eye test (does that even make sense?) i was urinating every 20 minutes, couldn't get enough water and felt so tired i would have been happy to just curl up in the middle of the street and go to sleep!

He didn't pick up on the diabetes!!! They say they can only pick it up if they're specifically looking for it, or if there's already diabetic damage to the eye!

I tell ya... i had a tough time convincing them i'd been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and didn't actually need the glasses that i'd paid £250 for because my sugar levels had returned to normal and such so had my vision! I did get the money back in the end.... eventually!!

I guess the moral of this short story lol is that you can't rely on an eye test to pick up a diagnosis of diabetes...

:)

mac78

I asked my optician specifly if there was any sign of diabetes. She had a good look and did a test for Glucoma and said that there was no cell samage and i have health eyes.

I do think i have nothing to worry about atm, i dont drink much water (not thirsty) and i only really pee a few times a day. And thats only if i have been drinking.

Vision is the same throughout the day also

I recon i should test just once a year with the hospital.

sami

i would say unless you started peeing a lot or getting other symptions i would not bother getting a test every year at the hospital either as you dont need it