Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

4.9 at 08:00 this morning - back under 5 at last!

I had a good night's sleep last night, about 7.5 hours. Dragged myself out, feeling like a zombie, to get the car to the mechanic for 08:30, came back, and fell asleep again for an hour. Despite a cup of strong coffee! This is not me - I'm still trying to work out why. Maybe I need to take the Nortryptilene at about 9pm instead of just before bed. Oh, and I've discovered that it causes weight gain - no wonder my weight loss has slowed :roll:

Pain or weight loss? Daddy or chips . . .?

Viv 8)

Mommayorkie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being ruled by my conditions.if it isnt one playing up its another. stopping me leading at least some sort of life.

diagnosed before xmas, but not starting to test myself till i think was february and only then about once a week as was told was only borderline.most of my fasting BGs were in the 7-7.6 range with an odd 8.7 and one 5.1. then when the hot weather started a few weeks ago it shot up to 10.6 one morning so i decided to do a few days of testing between meals as well. they were well up all the time the hot weather was here. fasting bg only going down to the 8s about 2 days after it cooled down. stayed there for a few days but gradually has come further n further down over the last week. was 6.2 fasting yesterday and 4.8 this morning. :D lowest its ever been.
whats a liver dump though? is it good or bad?

A

Anonymous

4.5 today... a bit low. :(

alison m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
cruelty to any animal or human, not being able to eat sausage rolls and pies any more,

Last night two hours after eating 6.5 and I was really pleased with that, this morning fasting BG was 7.2, didn't eat anything after my evening meal so why has it gone up, I am new to testing so I still have a lot to learn :shock:

Defren

alison m said:
Last night two hours after eating 6.5 and I was really pleased with that, this morning fasting BG was 7.2, didn't eat anything after my evening meal so why has it gone up, I am new to testing so I still have a lot to learn :shock:

In the early hours of the morning, your liver dumps glucose into your blood to set you up for the day. It's called Dawn Phenomenon (DP). It happens to everyone, and the best you can do it eat at different times, and different things to see if you can get your FBG's down. I used to have a slice of Burgen bread and peanut butter about an hour before bed, I am very intolerant of carbs, so not every day, but the days I did, DP was not so bad.

Emmerdale

GM 6.7 I dont seem able to get below (around) this figure, wot am I doing wrong ??

Terminator 2

4.3 pre-bed, then ate an oatcake.

4.9 this morning.

Had a troubled nights sleep, I was lying awake for an hour before the alarm went off so no doubt the DP was kicking in before my FBGT

gillianre

5.9. I'm over the infection I had last week and my BS seem to be getting back to a "normal" level.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

5.4 this morning :D . First time I've posted in days as they've been stupid for the last couple of weeks for no reason.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

5.1 yesterday, 4.7 this morning at 08:00 (nothing gets me out of bed faster than John Humphries at his most patronising :shock: ).

Had my usual cup of coffee and a short read before a shower and putting in my contact lenses. Just for interest, tested before my eggs at 10:00 (I don't, usually) to get 5.4. Happy with that.

Viv 8)

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

8.2 - grr. At the end of monthly so know this has an effect but couldnt get hold of my son who was housesitting for my mom - turns out the prison where he works had an "incident" and was on lockdown so he couldnt get out until after midnight when he rang me to say he was ok and why he hadnt replied to calls or texts. Didnt get a decent nights sleep as couldnt settle after that.

desidiabulum

6.7 dammit dammit. And my hba1c test is tomorrow. How do you cheat on an hba1c test? Ask Defren to take it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.