The pet thread.

Defren

Three naughty but adorable little terriers here. Two Westhighland whites (boy and girl - neutered and spayed), and a Yorkie male neutered. Love 'em to bits, they are spoiled beyond belief. They are all looking rather shaggy at the moment, as they are due a visit to the pamper parlour next week, where again they are all thoroughly spoiled as the owner knows them so well, so they get a bit extra pamper. :lol:

Craigybus

Eric has tried to make friends with our neighbours Jack Russell called Molly. She wants to be friends, but Eric is very wary of her. Molly was hit by a car a short while back, and had to have her left back leg amputated, but she was hopping about 3 days after the op. She has just had her 'lamp shade' removed by the vet, and is just as much a handful as before, and even with 3 legs, she can't arf shift. Poor John, her owner, who suffered a stroke in February does sometimes struggle a bit with her, as he is partially paralysed.

Eric has an annoying habit btw, he goes for a dump, either just before, or while we are eating. Evil moggy he is.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Defren said:
Three naughty but adorable little terriers here. Two Westhighland whites (boy and girl - neutered and spayed), and a Yorkie male neutered. Love 'em to bits, they are spoiled beyond belief. They are all looking rather shaggy at the moment, as they are due a visit to the pamper parlour next week, where again they are all thoroughly spoiled as the owner knows them so well, so they get a bit extra pamper. :lol:

Yes my two monsters love a wash and bush up at the pamper parlour. They come back all very proud of themselves very vain strutting about and pleased with themselves.

Defren

xyzzy said:
Defren said:

Yes my two monsters love a wash and bush up at the pamper parlour. They come back all very proud of themselves very vain strutting about and pleased with themselves.

Himself and I are getting married this year, and once we are married, he wants to breed Neapolitan mastiffs, as he bred them years ago. Of course they will have to go to the pamper parlour too, not to be clipped like the terriers, but to be bathed, nails clipped etc. My groomer is possibly more excited at having these unusual giants go visit her than I am. :lol: I am used to three little fluffy lap dogs, and have to get used to huge slobber dogs soon. :shock:

viv1969

Here's my baby girl Chloe having a nap. She's 11 years old GSD who was beaten and starved at 7 months old, which is when we took her on. She was hard work, but so worth it. Oh how I love this baggy old pooch.

We had guests around christmas time, and one of them had to sleep on the "z" bed in the lounge. Well once I'd set it up, and put the pillows and duvt on there, Chloe did no more than jusp right up and lie just as you see here here. She didn't move for HOURS!

Chloe_Sleeping.jpg

And again...really showing her age......

Chloe.jpg

BlindFaith

Craigybus - this picture had me in stitches http://www.flickr.com/photos/northernso ... 245050634/ :lol:
How on earth cats manage to sleep like that is beyond me!

This is my tiny tornado Bianca (or Binx for short).
She is an 18 month old Calico (or tortoiseshell and white, depending on where you live!), hubby and I adopted her shortly before she was a year old from a girl who couldn't take her with her when she moved and within two days Binx was strutting around our flat like she owned the place!
(well she does, really, we just pay the rent...)

She's not a fan of my camera....
oyaS6.jpg

A rare quiet moment... couldn't resist taking this picture as she has her tongue poking out :lol:
ZNjyP.jpg

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Our latest addition to the family,9 weeks old and my new exercise machine! :D

Attachments

• 068 (600x400) (580x387).jpg
    068 (600x400) (580x387).jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 482

Defren

That is one VERY cute pup. Congratulations on the new arrival, but beware, even my tiny fluffy paws are fit and active enough to want to keep going for hours. Your wee cutie baby looks like when it's full grown it's never going to tire. :lol: Give fluff a big hug from Aunty Jo, (If I hug him/her I will bring him/her home). :lol:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
:lol: I know what you mean! everyone who has met her wants to bring her home and falls in love with her!,I know how much I've fell in love with her in the short time she's been with us!! :D She's VERY active and already an EXCELLENT retriever and we've just got to wait for her second booster before we can let her spread her wings but luckily we live behind a former Golf course which means she can get a good few hours off the lead each day and plenty of running and frisbee throwing/catching and plenty of Daddy/Doggie time! :D

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Reminds me of when our collie pup went on her first big holiday! Our summer holidays fell just after her second vaccinations so she was free to roam around and teamed up with my cousin's two collies (12 & 18 months) but she wouldn't admit that at 15 weeks she couldn't keep up so it was about 1 hr intense activity followed by half hour collapsed asleep then an hour further "wired" activity :lol:
At the end of the day she fell asleep half-way out of the door on the way to a "toilet break".
Now at eight, she still has the capacity to walk with me for 6 hours and still appear fresh if a group of children offer the opportunity of some frisbee fun! :lol: :lol:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
We took a friends dog by car to the park - BUT our boys had a newly acquired boomerang. Poor Tasha would not get into our car again.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Our son & d-i-l came back from their Polish wedding with a kitten, complete with chip & passport.

See Pole-Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Craigybus said:
Just wondering, have any of you lot cot photos & stuff to share about your pet fuzzy creatures? I have a 3 year old domestic long hair evil furball who goes by the name of Eric. He was rescued from being feral, aged about 8 weeks old, and was very poorly, with severe ear problems, fleas, and suspected cat flu. He is now a happy, healthy, and sometimes very soppy kitty.

http://ericthecat.pikfu.net/set1811721/ is a collection of photos of him and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eASoGfUIjL8 is of him having a bath after having another bad dose of fleas.

We have 3 cats, Sonny who is the boss, Harley, stuck in the middle and my daughters cat, Pebbles who is the baby and is a Bengal, with a lovely disposition and can sit on command to get a treat :clap: . I have some great photos, but unsure on how to down load or uplaod the photos :? The most recent on e is of the Boss, Sonny, fast asleep on the front garden with his tongue sticking out, its just great and he is normally such a bruiser and a big cat, he's about 13/14 years old. Classic.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
With 3 cats & a name like Robinredbreast you are living dangerously.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
BlindFaith said:
IanD said:
Our son & d-i-l came back from their Polish wedding with a kitten, complete with chip & passport.

See Pole-Cat

Ohh that is one gorgeous kitten!
If it goes missing....It most definitely was NOT me..... :shifty:
She is very affectionate - I was woken with a feline kiss at 2 a.m. We would like her to go missing until 7 a.m.

BlindFaith

I can help her go missing until 7am. I offer no guarantee that she will make her way back though....

Love the pics, Ian, she really is a stunner.

C

chris lowe

In the garden the cats have a large pyrex bowl, and old takeaway container a small ceramic pate dish and a wooden barrel pretending to be a pond all full to the brim of fresh rainwater, so why does one of them insist on sitting under the garden chairs licking the drops of rain that fall off the seat? :roll: