Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
OK,

This is what I had on Monday (I was out yesterday so that skewed what I would normally eat of an evening).

Breakfast

2x eggs scrambled with handful (20g?) cheddar cheese, tablespoon of double cream - about 2 carbs, 25g fat, 30g protein.

coffee with double cream - 5g fat

Lunch

Seafood salad (squid, prawn, scallop) in chilli dressing, prawn mayonnaise, small green salad - about 6 carbs, 40g protein, 30g fat

Dinner

Chicken leg (cold from left overs from a roast), 6 mini chorizo sausages, cheddar cheese (20g?), mixed green salad (olive oil, vinegar dressing), 4 small plum tomatoes, smallish glob of humus, mayonnaise (40g?), water - about 6 carbs, not sure about the protein/fat though.

Do I get a pie chart! :D

Also had 2 or 3 additional coffees through the day with small amounts of green top milk (forgot to bring cream into work) plus lots of water.

Dillinger

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you think its horribly wrong just say so
Yes, it's about right, when I've worked it out it tends to be 40-45% carbs , lunch varies from 40-55g carbs and dinner normally 60-70 Carbs are probably nearer 45% at the moment as I've been deliberately eating slightly smaller portions of meat and fish in the evenings.(I eat about 10g of carbs a meal less than I was originally 'prescribed': but then I'm older!.)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Dillinger said:
Do I get a pie chart! :D

To many carbs in the crust.

Dude, aren't you worried about all that fat clogging up your arteries? You do know that saturated fat is bad for you, don't you?

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
borofergie said:
Dude, aren't you worried about all that fat clogging up your arteries? You do know that saturated fat is bad for you, don't you?

Well, after every meal I jump up and down a couple of times to flush out all of the fat into my legs where it won't cause trouble. By the way if fat really does 'clog' up arteries why doesn't it clog up veins first, veins being the lower blood pressure vessel? Funny that isn't it?

Best

Dillinger

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Here you go Dillinger.

Not quite as much fat as you were expecting? You and me are just also rans compared to the expert fatisimos

Attachments

• doughnutdillinger2.jpg
    doughnutdillinger2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 404

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
phoenix said:
If you think its horribly wrong just say so
Yes, it's about right, when I've worked it out it tends to be 40-45% carbs , lunch varies from 40-55g carbs and dinner normally 60-70 Carbs are probably nearer 45% at the moment as I've been deliberately eating slightly smaller portions of meat and fish in the evenings.(I eat about 10g a meal less than I was originally 'prescribed': but then I'm older!.)

I put you down for a nice piece of Salmon for the fish Phoenix which was the major protein source - Guessed 150g and based on some I have here works out at 28g. The second highest source of protein seemed to be the bread at the 10g of protein I reckoned it might be a bit low based on the quantity you gave.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You'd be right on the salmon at least once a week (that 10g referred to carbs, I've edited it)

Grazer

Here we go then. Someone work out my doughnut pie pastie thingy?
This could be embarassing!
BREAKFAST
Shredded wheat, fresh OJ :oops: and 3 cups coffee with milk total about 65 grams carbs

LUNCH
2xslices burgen with ham, small side salad, half small packet crisps :oops: apple, atkins daybreak bar :oops: total about 50 grams carbs

DINNER
varies enormously, but typically could be
good quality sausages or chicken or steak, with veg, about 3 boiled new pots, satsuma, dark choccy :oops: total about 30 grams carbs
OR
curry and rice, spag bol or similar about 50 grams carbs but with about three quarters of a bottle of rioja :oops: (this meal combo about 3 times a week)

SNACKS
nuts, mainly walnuts, 10 big ones a day, plus about 20 grams pistachios a day, plus about 2 matchbox size chunks of cheese a day, occasional home made almost bounty bar :oops: plus about 4 to 5 pints beer a week :oops:

Prize if you can say how many embarassed emoticons there were without looking back!
EDIT forgot, about 150 mls cream a week in various formats

Grazer

But I bet your A1c will be better than mine when you next test Defren!
Forgot, have about 150 mls cream a week in various forms as well!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Grazer, that really did make my eyes pop with shock! :shock: I'm going to tease you about a little pink curly tail under all that wool . . . do you go 'baa' or 'oink'?

Sorry - just jealous! :wink:

Today: 1 cup coffee with I Splenda tab and semi-skimmed milk.

Breakfast - 2 egg(large) omelette with a little SS milk, cooked in a good half-ounce of butter.

Lunch - lettuce, about 6 cherry toms, 3 small strips each of red and orange peppers, about 200g salmon with lemon & parsley dressing, 2 tablespoons Hellman's full-fat mayonnaise.

Supper - 1 leek, 1 courgette (large-ish but not yet a marrow!), about 150g mushrooms, 5 cloves garlics which were previously cooked in a chicken,about 300g of said chicken, cold - all cooked slowly in the oven with a good slop of olive oil - prob. 3 tablespoons.

Snack - 4 squares 85%-proof chocolate - = 4.2g protein, 7.2g carb, 20.2g fat, 3.1g fibre. Taken from the back of the packet.

2 litres of water.

This is me being very good, apart from the chocolate! :oops: Could you do me a doughnut for that, please, Xyzzy? :D

Viv 8)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No problem Viv , I'll replace this with ones for you and Malc after I've walked the dogs! Must get the exercise in before it rains (again).

A

Anonymous

Breakfast: Almond porridge, Coffee, 2 rashers bacon, 1 Egg

Lunch: Peanuts, Mushroom soup, Gk Yogurt with blueberries, Babybel

Supper: Hamburger (no bun), Broccoli, Roasted Swede, Jelly & Creme Fraiche

lindainsomerset

Breakfast : 2 slices Burgen bread with Flora Pro-Activ
large mug black coffee

Snack: 1 apple, handful mixed seeds

Lunch: John West Tuna salad (French dressing) with extra lettuce

Snack: 2 slices Danish salami

Supper: 3 egg mushroom omelette
Vanilla Activia Yohurt 0% fat

Water during day.

Starving now..... trying to think of a low carb snack!!!! Any ideas??

tree-peony

breakfast - sesame Ryvita with butter and full fat Philly x 2, 1 coffee
Ryvita (37 cals, 1.1g protein, 5.8g carbs) 5g butter, 20g Philly each (46 cals, 0.5g carb)
lunch - slice boiled ham, slice cheese, lettuce, cucumber, fennel, tomato with a squirt of salad cream (but only a tiny bit!), water
ham 40g, 47cals, Emmental cheese 125 cals, 30 g 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber, 50g tomato, fennel 10g, salad cream 15g 50cals, 3.1g carb
afternoon tea - brew with 1 rich tea, 2 pieces 85% choc
Ignore the biscuit - it was a one off treat! Chocolate is 110 cals 4.1 g carb
evening meal - 2 home made beefburgers, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, tomato. greek yogurt with blueberries, coffee.
burgers made from 175g steak mince, 320 cals 20g fat. 4 mushrooms fried in butter, 8 sprouts. 100g yoghurt with 10 blueberries
supper - cucumber chunks (75g)

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast - 2 eggs, 20g butter cheddar 41g
lunch - brie 30g, jarlsburg 30g tomato 50g, lettuce 1/2cup, celery stick
dinner - beef casserole steak 110g, streaky bacon 25g, olive oil 2 tsp, onions 25g, emmenthal 30g
plus 50 ml each of double and single cream, 1/2 tsp cocoa powder, coffee and tea

Recorded on may 5th, the last day I did on Fitday. A very cheesy day! And no chocolate, which I often have.
fat 133g, cho 9g, protein 81g
fat 77%, cho 2%, protein 21%

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
tree-peony said:
tomato with a squirt of salad cream (but only a tiny bit!)
Squirty cream! Did someone say squirty cream!?!?

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast . 2 slices of grilled bacon + a fried egg.
glass of water and mug of tea.

Lunch . 2 slices of chicken breast with large handful of mixed salad leaves with garlic infused olive oil and vinegar dressing.
glass of water and mug of coffee.

Dinner . Chicken leg with steamed green beans tossed in Sesame oil.
6 medium strawberries with 2 large tablespoons of creme fraiche.
glass of water and mug of tea.

I don't really do snacks but I may have a couple of squares of 85% chocolate before bedtime.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Right here you go Grazer.

Overall I now make it after averaging the two main meal options

Fat: 132g
Carbs: 153g
Protein: 143g

Leading us to....

So it's official Grazer DOES LCHF

Attachments

• doughnutgrazer2.jpg
    doughnutgrazer2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 421