Teenagers on a pump?

jaideeh

Dislikes
banana's, lots of coursework, mean people +storms
Hi I'm Jade, 16; type 1 diabetic and on a pump, I often struggle to keep on top of my diabetes i.e remembering to do my bloods. I also sometimes feels down and low about my diabetes. People often tell me they know how I feel which doesn't really help because they don't, I don't really know any other teens around my age that have diabetes and I don't like to talk about my diabetes problems with family, or my friends because I feel like i bore them and they don't really understand.
Are there any other diabetic teenagers on here that have or feel like this, or is it just me? :?

C

catherinecherub

Hi jaideeh and welcome to the forum.
I am bumping your post up in the hope that you will get an answer.

Catherine.

svetla

Hello Jade,
my name is Mirka and Im 14 years old i have diabetic tip 1. And i dont have enybody to talk whit my problems whit the diabetes. Would you like to chat whit me on the skype and we will hellp eachother whit ouer problems . Ill be glad to have a friend like you this is my skype :
(Number removed. Ask OP via pm system please)
And allsow im from Bulgaria and i speak very well english :p :D 8)

Vikki2

Hi Jade
Sorry I didn't see your msg when you first posted. And sorry that I'm not a teen with T1, I'm a parent of a 5 yr old with T1 on a pump. I just wanted to recommend that you put a msg on:

(Link edited to comply with Forum Policy)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11071&p=167364#p167364

I usually go to the parents section but there is a forum specifically for teens. It's American, but SO active that I'm sure you will get loads of replies and messages from people who really understand how you feel which is what you really need.
I have to say I think this forum is great too :D but there are so many more members on the American forum - sometimes there are 100 viewing at any one time
Good luck
x

CR741

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hello,
i'm also 14 with type 1, i am on the pump too. don't worry, you're certainly not alone. there are lots of people on this forum that know how you feel.
do let us know how you're gettiing on :D

Anthony88

Hiya Jade.
22 yearold diagnosed some 15 years ago. I always refuse the pump as having to inject is a great way to remember to test the sugars, even if they are always high or low, never in good areas.
I always found that with diabetes it is best to just get on with it and deal with it as you go.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Jade

As an 'oldie' (probably your parent age), I am out of your generation, but I am stilll a pump user.

There are loads of internet sites where you can talk with other teenagers. The pump is not the end of the world, it will give you a much better future for your health, but it will need you to manage it. Yep, some people can get by on injections, but many of us can't. I wish the pump was available to me 25 years ago, life would have been a lot better for me personally.

Don't let diabetes and the pump from stopping you from doing anything. Yes, there will be a few jobs that you won't be able to do, but heck, they are only jobs...apart form that if you take charge of managing this pump, then you can do everything and anything that you want to.

I have sent you a pm......

cupcake1

hi, this is a really late reply but im new to site
im 15yrs old and use pen injections, but i do know how you feel when it comes to having no one to talk to. i would be happy to contact you on facebook or msn ? i would really like to have someone that really does understand to talk to xx
Kayleigh

Hello im 16 years old and im from england. I live with my mum and dad and im an only child.
Ive had type 1 diabetes since I was 7 and I was diagnosed as my mum noticed that I had lost weight and was drinking a lot.
I went from 2 injections a day to 4 injections a day and then went onto an insulin pump which i have now been on for, for around 4 years.
You're not alone. Sometimes i want to rip the tube out my leg or not bother with insulin or tests because im that fed up of it. But you should know that im always here if you ever want someone to talk to, i will give you my number and you could add me on facebook as its probably easier to talk on that.
You should know im always here to talk to someone, because i know how difficult it can be sometimes. But you're not alone.
Love ruth x