More on jelly

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I bought a pack of Hartley's low sugar jelly crystals, some plastic cups and a box of raspberries. I made up the jelly according to the directions, put 3 raspberries in the bottom of each of 5 cups, shared out the jelly and it's now setting in the fridge. There's room in each cup for cream. So now I have 5 cups of cheap low carb dessert for the next couple of days
thanks for the ideas folks!
Hana

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
hanadr said:
I bought a pack of Hartley's low sugar jelly crystals, some plastic cups and a box of raspberries. I made up the jelly according to the directions, put 3 raspberries in the bottom of each of 5 cups, shared out the jelly and it's now setting in the fridge. There's room in each cup for cream. So now I have 5 cups of cheap low carb dessert for the next couple of days
thanks for the ideas folks!
Hana

I think you meant to say "for the next couple of hours".

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Hana!

I wish I'd read this earlier. Stupidly, I made up a jelly and poured cream into the hot mixture, thinking it would be great to have the cream set insde the jelly - it didn't - it seperated and looked a right old mess :crazy: It tasted OK though! I'll leave room at the top for the cream in future :lol:

Smidge

A

Anonymous

I bought some double cream today to go with my evening jelly. In the week I had jelly for breakfast, jelly for lunch and jelly for tea - it's like being 5 again only with more jelly :D

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
swimmer2 said:
I bought some double cream today to go with my evening jelly. In the week I had jelly for breakfast, jelly for lunch and jelly for tea - it's like being 5 again only with more jelly :D

It's impossible to eat too much jelly. I never get sick of it.

SouthernGeneral6512

The last jelly I had was the sugary stuff in my childhood and I don't remember it being as runny as the modern low calorie stuff. It's so viscous you can hardly even pick it up on the spoon ... still better without the stickyness of sugar :sick:

SandrafromOZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
DIABETES, All forms of cancer, Jealousy, arrogance
Hi Hana,

Thanks, I will give the raspberries a try next time..we have a terrific low joule Aeroplane jelly here in Australia...I adore the taste now and it is something that I would never have tried before diabetes.

Sandra

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
SouthernGeneral6512 said:
The last jelly I had was the sugary stuff in my childhood and I don't remember it being as runny as the modern low calorie stuff. It's so viscous you can hardly even pick it up on the spoon ... still better without the stickyness of sugar :sick:

The potted stuff can be India runny, but if you use the crystals you can make it as firm as you like.

millie_uk

I bought the sachets of Hartleys crystals. I just put in a little less water and it is nice and thick. I bought strawberry, raspberry and black currant. I am going to put strawberries and blueberries in them today as adding the fruit sounds like a good idea, will look like M&S jellies :D
I am not missing the huge amount of sweet goodies I used to consume but a little is a nice treat. So it's jelly and fruit for me, lovely (and one sugar free Werthers original now and again)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
If you want to make a cream jelly, wait until the jelly just begins to set and then whip the cream into it. It shouldn't separate then. It's how we oldies used to make jelly creams. We did use condensed milk in those days. Could still be done with the sugar free version.
it should still be possible to buy an agar based jelly . This sets quicker than gelatine, but makes a "brittle" jelly.
Hana

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
And for an adult pud, swap a bit of water with voddie.