help

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hey all not been about much been busy but i have a question
tonight like 5 mins ago i was soaking my foot took it out the water and the bloody cat has scratched it on the side 2 quite big scratches and there very sore and stinging :'( anyone know what i can put on them and should i cover them with dressing?
it was my bloody sons falt as he was chasing the cat about and the cat didnt like it!!!!
i know as diabetics we arnt ment to injure our feet in anyway :/

HELP

shop

Hi Tosn,

My instinct would be to keep it clean and put some Germoline or Savalon on it. Keep an eye on it and go to yor Drs if doesn't start to heal. I had some new pums which rubbed the back of my heal last week was a bit concerned but kept an eye on it and it was fine. The only thing I would be concerned about is the fact that it was from a cats claw.

Hope it gets better soon. xxx

Lucy.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
yeah thats what worrys me too it been cats claws!!
hes a house cat but still doesnt stop him having stuff on his claws!!! :?
i am at drs on monday to see nurse as had a toe nail part removed 4 wks ago and its not healing properly i have a lump on the top where the toe nail was/is and its very painful and there having to keep dressing it for me on thurs i had some iaden rubbed onto it!

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i have some fucidin H from drs i did think about putting some on? or would that be too risky

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Tolsn

I wouldn't use a steroid cream on it - thins the skin and might cause more damage. As Lucy says, just keep an eye on it until you see the dr.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
ok so some germoline and a dressing i use for my toe then and see what its like 2moz!?
i know its stinging now :cry:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That should be OK. Did it bleed at all or just sore/scratched?

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Tolsn!

If it's any consolation, I've had many cat scratches on my feet and it's always been OK. (My cat has a favourite game - pouncing on feet :crazy: )

Smidge

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I had a nasty fall recently and grazed my foot in several places quite badly - top skin all off, blood etc. My advice to you is to wash it in warm water and some dettol and/or salt water. Then rub in some savlon and put a plaster over it. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow but if it comes up, swells or reddens I would go to A&E as cats carry some nasty germs, although my cat is looking at me and disagrees.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
yep it did bleed!
a far bit for a foot and took about 5 mins to stop maybe longer
i have put germoline on and a dressing still stinging so i will just heep any eye on it and show nurse on monday if i think it needs it xxx

thank you all so much for advice xxx :wave: :thumbup:

C

chris lowe

I think it's cat bites that are the worst news. According to an article in Daily Mail a few weeks ago the cats have nasty germy mouths and the needle sharp teeth inject the germs deep into the wound. The girl who was bitten had a terrible time with the injury.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
nurse said all was ok and just to keep an eye on it! however i did end up having a tetnus jab whiles there as it ran out yrs ago :/