A bad day : State of mind

simply_h

Hello

Hope you are all well.

I have had enough of Mr Diabetes, he (I say “he” it could be a “she”) has so much control over me.

Mainly: what I can eat, the odd things that’s crop up, like feeling of un-wellness or things that don’t happen to normal people, like thrush, lack of energy, constipation, always have to prick your fingers and make yourself bleed, **** doctors and nurses, lack of investment in Type 2’s for BS equipment. Not feeling bright and brezzey ect.

If you go to the doctors with any issues, all you get it’s down to your diabetes.!!

But when you know you have decent control and the doctor and nurse are telling you that you have fantastic control and look confused why you have things crop up and are very un-willing to investigate in doing test of any sort and just send you away.!!

The last 17 months have been so dam strange, I used to live life at over 100mph, BUT now, I feel that I am 76 and not 36 with the fact every day seems to be a struggle, I do sometimes think, why me, did I cause this myself, blame my family, as have family history of it…

May be I am having a bad day, but I have had enough of Mr Diabetes and do wish he would just fcuk off.

Sorry if I have bored anyone, but I tend not to tell anyone about Mr Diabetes, as I found people can react and treat you different, so I am just writing this to get stuff off my mind.

Have a good day.

Simply_h

jobean

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Aubergines
Simply, I am with you. I feel exactly like you do on some days. Feel free to have a rant

Take care of yourself

Jo x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
simply_h said:
Hello

Hope you are all well.

I have had enough of Mr Diabetes, he (I say “he” it could be a “she”) has so much control over me.

Mainly: what I can eat, the odd things that’s crop up, like feeling of un-wellness or things that don’t happen to normal people, like thrush, lack of energy, constipation, always have to prick your fingers and make yourself bleed, **** doctors and nurses, lack of investment in Type 2’s for BS equipment. Not feeling bright and brezzey ect.

If you go to the doctors with any issues, all you get it’s down to your diabetes.!!

But when you know you have decent control and the doctor and nurse are telling you that you have fantastic control and look confused why you have things crop up and are very un-willing to investigate in doing test of any sort and just send you away.!!

The last 17 months have been so dam strange, I used to live life at over 100mph, BUT now, I feel that I am 76 and not 36 with the fact every day seems to be a struggle, I do sometimes think, why me, did I cause this myself, blame my family, as have family history of it…

May be I am having a bad day, but I have had enough of Mr Diabetes and do wish he would just fcuk off.

Sorry if I have bored anyone, but I tend not to tell anyone about Mr Diabetes, as I found people can react and treat you different, so I am just writing this to get stuff off my mind.

Have a good day.

Simply_h
So sorry to read your post :( Its only just in the past year that I too have felt like this, problem upon problem and is it down to 'Mr Diabetes' or something else, flip knows. Try and keep your chin up, wer'e all in the same diabetes boat. I hope you start to feel better soon and things start to pick up for you :thumbup: Take care

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It has its plus points at times, having diabetes means that i have had to sort myself out even if i have not wanted to and also gained 6 weeks off work.

Try and be positive, dont blame yourself as once you start the blaming and guilt its a circle you stay in and its not your fault. Things will improve and you will begin to feel better.

BlindFaith

Hey Simply,

I think everyone here can sympathize with you.
Diabetes is like the bully that waits for you in the playground and steals your lunch money before shoving you into a muddy puddle.

Please don't blame yourself - you didn't cause this to happen and you've done nothing to feel guilty or angry at yourself over.

You've definitely come to the right place - this forum has been a Godsend for me, it's a great resource and nobody minds if you need a rant or if you're feeling a bit down in the dumps.

I know it's difficult to see the silver lining right now, but things do get better. The one thing having diabetes has taught me is patience :lol:

I hope you feel a bit better but if you don't it's perfectly understandable and you've every right to have a bad day here and there.

I don't know if you're into music at all but if so I can recommend loads of relaxing songs that have helped me when I've felt low and unable to cope.

Take care of yourself, hon.
xox~

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
Hi !! I just posted almost the same type of thing last week. Very down and not wanting to know ANYMORE!! But the reality is we just have to keep interested .................... it's a lonely planet, diabetes - but we have this forum, and we have each other and we ALL understand how it feels to get sick and tired of it all. I'm only a few weeks in!! I admire you for your 17 month stint!!
When I posted I got some great advice which has helped me through my downer. It was called Hitting an Emotional low - if you'd like to look. Just advice about stopping reading about it all the time, planing my meals so there was no thinking involved etc. - and possibly giving myself a day or two off from this forum!!!
It was good advice. But sometimes you don't need advice, because you're a veteran!! You just need to get it off your chest - and you did that!!!

Take care xx

D

Deleted member 45091

Your replied made me smile mate in the same situation, had diabetes for about 22 years and its only over the past 3 years started to struggle. Its *****. Get similar symptoms feeling like ****, shaky pretend hypos feeling really hungry and drained even when sugars are abit high. All my signs and symptoms have changed. Its ****. And because now i dont know where my sugars are at i started testing abit more. Got dragged into the docs not about how my health was but how much the box of testing strips cost lol. After fighting tooth and nail again i now get 4 boxes a month which is fair enough. because all my other stuff like liver function kideys eyes etc are ok its always down to your diabetes but really they havent got a fookin clue. Ive been on dafne where you count carbs etc allsorts and i dont recommend this but the least i listen with there opinion the better i feel. I started to throw all the rules back out the window and listen to my body again. Docs and nurses only can give you a small guide, everyone is different with different lifes etc. So anyway after weighing up my options i thought a continues glucose monitor would be perfect for me to give a good idea what my sugars are all the time and yet again too expensive. Whats point having new technology if its only available for the rich. On finall note dont put to much pressure on yaself. An ideal sugar for non diabetics is 4mol and a hypo for diabetics is classed as 3 fook me thats a fine line to balance. Diabetes is constant its not just about the good sugars. My HBA1C is 10 percent at the minute so got along way to go. But if i had to watch everything i ate took extra insulin watched what i did during the day and all the other issues that comes with it id have perfect sugars but also be in a mental institute. Il continue to try and improve my sugars a little but i do things sure and steady, i like a few fags and i dont plan to give up any time soon also like a couple beers and for me thats what makes me unwind. so next time the nurse says how bad it for your health il turn round and say it destesses me and ya know what they say stress is the biggest killer. Keep ya chin up dude.

MaryJ

Hi simply

Sorry you're having a bad time.

Just let rip, hopefully you will feel better for it.

Unfortunately, Mr diabetes isn't (mod edit family forum) off anywhere just yet. Maybe one day, who knows, until then keep fighting the ****** with all your might

Mary x