Finger pain

tighthead3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Having diabetes.
I have started experiencing quite severe pain in my fingers it has been going on for about 3 months, I have been told that it could be diabetes which is causing this, has anyboby else here experienced this before.

A

Anonymous

Hi,I have only been diagnosed for a about 3 months so still learning myself but for about a month before diagnosis the ends of all my fingers were very painfull as if they had been bruised especially when cold.Now I have got my blood sugars quite well under control it has more or less disappeared so I have put it down to my diabetes.Just painfull feet now which are worse now my blood sugar is coming down :? Hopefully one of us who is more experienced will be able to help more.

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
I had the same, aches and pains in my hands and fingers before being diagnosed a T2 last July. Lots of pain elsewhere too but all gone, yes, completely gone since i sorted my blood sugar levels with diet.

Andy

Terminator 2

Mothman said:
I had the same, aches and pains in my hands and fingers before being diagnosed a T2 last July. Lots of pain elsewhere too but all gone, yes, completely gone since i sorted my blood sugar levels with diet.

Andy

I found that to be the case myself, I don't experience it now, yes its all change on many fronts once you get a grip on those BS levels :D

4x Citroen BX's Mothman :shock: cant recall the last time I saw one on the road

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
tighthead3 said:
I have started experiencing quite severe pain in my fingers it has been going on for about 3 months, I have been told that it could be diabetes which is causing this, has anyboby else here experienced this before.

Are you on statins? I had quite severe pain in my hands which went when I stopped taking the statins I was prescribed. I couldn't see reference to them on your profile though.

Regards

Dillinger

tighthead3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Having diabetes.
Thanks for the replies folks,my blood sugars are well under control at the moment, so dont think its got anything to do with BS control, I had been on pravastatin, but came off it because it caused a whole heap of problems with my joints. This pain in my fingers though, according to my GP who I seen today might be the onset of arthritis, which is all I need and she is sending me for blood tests to identify what is going on. I will let you know when I get the results.

tighthead3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Having diabetes.
Hello dillinger, I see you had problems with statins too, I know its supposed to be a wonder drug but it did nothing, other than cause me lots of pain, I completly refuse to go anywhere near them now,
Regards,
tighthead3.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My fingers hurt too, in fact the middle two, I was diagnosed with trigger finger. I had a cortisol injection oh boy oh boy did that hurt, but so far the pain has gone, it may not last but for the moment it doesn't wake me in the night nor do I have to straighten my finger.

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
Terminator 2 said:
Mothman said:

Andy

I found that to be the case myself, I don't experience it now, yes its all change on many fronts once you get a grip on those BS levels :D

4x Citroen BX's Mothman :shock: cant recall the last time I saw one on the road