Still struggling with DP

Nikkig

After a month I have managed to get levels down to 5.8/5.9 2 hrs after meals. But...... Morning readings are still in the sevens! I have a Babybel cheese at night before bed (excellent for stopping the nighttime need for a wee) and a small glass of red wine (and I mean small!) has anyone any other suggestions please?

A

Anonymous

sorry if I'm repeating what others have said, but you are definitely testing as soon as you wake up, not 10mins later?

Nikkig

Ah could that be the problem? I test when I have got up been downstairs, let the dog out and made the coffee - is that where I am going wrong?

A

Anonymous

It's possible. The dawn phenomenon can raise your levels once you are awake. Try putting the testing kit by the bed for a couple of mornings and see what results you get.

Defren

One thing that helped me get DP under control was one slice of Burgen bread with peanut butter before bed. I am really carb intolerant, so it wasn't an every day thing, but it worked when I did it. I have since done the Newcastle Diet and all my readings are low now (no need for burgen and peanut butter). :lol:

neilalastair

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the western high carb diet.
My lowest morning readings
Came after trying the newcastle diet for 2 weeks.
But when I went back to normal eating I went back to 7s
My endo says the the hba1c is more important and mine is 5.7 and has been for about 1 year now.
I can still get 5's for the morning occasionally .
I have tried the meter by the bed trick and it didn't make any difference.
My 5's are usually when my just before bedtime reading is in the 5's due to not having a particularly carby meal earlier in the evening.

The only time I have had 4's is when I have had a stomach bug and had the runs for 4 days. Not that I recommnend leaving an egg mayo sandwich out all day and having it for supper !!

Let us know how you get on .