A bad blood glucose day

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With a low carb diet I am keeping my reading below 7.

But every now and then I have a bad day.

Today, I woke up at 8.1 and that hasn't budged throughout the day.

Are there factors other than diet that might bring this about?

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all

It is getting worse. At 11 AM today, I am 10.1 and 10.6.

I have swam 100 lengths for each of the last few days, my carb intake has been very low, I have taken my medication and I feel well. And yet my glucose is sky high.

Perhaps my pancreas has gone on holiday!

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh well. After three days of unusually high readings without any apparent change in my behaviour, the blood sugar level returned to normal high-fives to low sevens. So the panic is over but I am left perplexed

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
sterling said:
Oh well. After three days of unusually high readings without any apparent change in my behaviour, the blood sugar level returned to normal high-fives to low sevens. So the panic is over but I am left perplexed

Expect it to do that now and then. It has for me and the first time it can really be worrying. Your immune system can be fighting off some bug or other without you even feeling ill and also stress will really stuff your levels. What has got me a couple of times is the stress of having high levels i.e. you get a high reading brought on by the fact you are stressed over the previous high reading. It's weird as it can happen even if you consciously think you aren't stressed or worried.

What I do when it happens is I stop testing entirely accept for one bedtime reading. During the evening I've tried to de-stress by taking a bath and having a G&T or a glass of wine etc.

Rivig

Hmm my sugar started creeping up like that after a few years on very similar meds, & then wouldn't go down no matter what, ended up staying at 17 & above.
The good news Gliclazide did bring it back into the sixes thank God.