WHAT NEXT?

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
I dont believe it. My life really sucks. I haven't even had diabetes a year yet but i have coped a lot of other stuff besides.

I have now got central sleep apnea.
Pancreatits lead to diabetes which lead to neuropathy which lead to sleep apnea and on top of that the depression :thumbdown:

Anything left?
With these conditions there is obviously symptoms that comes with them. I received a letter from DLA on saturday saying i wont get anything coz there is nothing wrong with me :crazy: :lol:

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh Mistee, I am so sorry! I guess all these things are connected so we get one after another, but it doesn't seem fair! Hang in there - things will turn around for you eventually!

Take care

Smidge

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
smidge said:
Oh Mistee, I am so sorry! I guess all these things are connected so we get one after another, but it doesn't seem fair! Hang in there - things will turn around for you eventually!

These "T2 isn't good enough for me" bloody LADAs seem to be cropping up everywhere don't they? It's getting like a 1980s Russian car showroom in here.

(Well done on getting a proper diagnosis)

Sunny

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry you're having such a tough time Mistee. There is a major drive to get everyone off disability benefits - basically they are stopping almost all of them when time comes for review & hoping most people won't appeal. Don't get me wrong - I don't believe in a benefit culture but some people do genuinely need help. I have always worked but was recently I'll- health retired from the NHS - for my allergies & anaphylaxis not my diabetes. My son has a chromosome disorder & a lot of other problems but recently had his benefits stopped after a review, he got 0 points & you need 15. The doctor who saw him ignored evidence from his consultants, lied, omitted a great number of things & bullied him into changing what he said about certain things - the report was appalling. Anyway we've just been to the appeal tribunal - there was a judge & a doctor who are impartial - they stopped half way through the hearing because he already had 30 points. What I'm trying to say is - appeal- if you feel you need & are entitled to it then appeal - apparently most people who appeal do win because those 'swinging the lead' don't go through with it. Look up Disability appeals/ DLA etc on google - there's some scary stuff on there. If you do decide to appeal get in touch with Citizens Advice or someone to support you.
All the best
Sunny

WhitbyJet

Mistee - I am sorry to hear you are still having all these problems. How do you manage your diabetes nowadays, is the new medication working better for you?? If you manage to keep tight control of your diabetes you might be able to improve neuropathy as well.
How is your sleep apnea being treated, was a sleep study done, do you have a breathing machine now?? Are you overweight at all??
Hang in there Mistee, things just HAVE to get better, I hope and pray it happens sooner rather than later, there is only so much you can take.

**HUG**

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Take care of yourself Mistee things will turn round in the end :) :wave:

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
Thanks for the support guys. I have appealed against there decission and even my daughter has written to them now. The hospital has even given me morphine for the pain control but that has made know affect on the DLA. The sleep apnea has only just been diagnosed but have had it for about 6 months. I never bothered going to the docs before but is now beyond a joke and so scarry, i wake several times during the night in a panic and in pain ( like very painful pins and needles all over through lack of oxygen) telling myself to breath. Sometimes i cant even swallow my own saliva and have to get up to spit then take a drink to get my throat to work again. The next day leaves me with headaches and extremely tired. I thought it was the diabetes. I'm not overweight as the pancreatits makes me lose weight and i go to the sleep clinic on the 20th. The doc says that since it is quite severe i might have to have CPAP. My sugars are so much better now mainly between 6-10. DSN put me on 1000mg of metformin as well as the insulin and seems to work great. Unfortunately things can't get any better for me coz of the damage to the pancreas (you can get the violins out anytime now :lol: ) but i would like to know.... if anyone is psychic...... what comes next?

Hope sleep apnea helps my case with the DLA.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
borofergie said:
These "T2 isn't good enough for me" bloody LADAs seem to be cropping up everywhere don't they? It's getting like a 1980s Russian car showroom in here.

:lol: Yes, Type 2 is sooo last year, dahling. LADA is where it's at now!

Unfortunately, Mistee has a very different condition that I'm sure none of us would swap with.

Smidge

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
My Grandad used to drive a LADA and I'm hoping I'm better made than that was! :lol:

But in all seriousness,It's type 3.2 you have isn't it Mistee? I really feel for you Mistee,I really do and I hope things get better for you real soon!

Paul

shop

Oh Mistee,

So sorry your having such an awful time of it. I dont know anything about sleep apnea or the DLA. Although I can send a hug (((X)))

Hope things improve for you soon,

Lucy xxx :thumbup:

mistee71

Dislikes
Thanks Lucy i needed that hug :lol: Paul, according to the W.H.O it's type 3c but at my docs they only deal with T1 or T2. They have classed me as T2 even though i am treated as T1. Everythings fine though, you cant keep me down for long :thumbup:
Whats got to me more is the fact that my computer keeps going wrong :thumbdown:

shop

mistee71 said:
Thanks Lucy i needed that hug :lol: Paul, according to the W.H.O it's type 3c but at my docs they only deal with T1 or T2. They have classed me as T2 even though i am treated as T1. Everythings fine though, you cant keep me down for long :thumbup:
Whats got to me more is the fact that my computer keeps going wrong :thumbdown:

You are welcome :) :thumbup:

BlindFaith

Big hugs to you, Mistee; you sound like you're having a real time of it!
I hope things are going a bit better for you now.

(((HUG)))