New to forum

djp

Dislikes
Football
Hi everyone,
My name is Jackie, I have been type 1 for almost 58 years. Was balanced on Insulin Zinc Suspension Lente in August 1954, now called Hypurin Bovine Lente. Bovine neutral was added after I had my 2nd daughter in 1972, while I was carrying my 3rd daughter, in 1984, I was advised to change to Actrapid and Humalin, with the most terrible consequences...Suddenly I had no hypo warnings and on more than one occasion I passed out without warning so went back to my original insulin for fear of damaging my small daughter..... have been on original insulin ever since.
Would love to have a pump but lente won't,apparently, go through pump, viscosity too thick... wonder if neutral alone would be ok..?
Next question for clinic.......Would love to know...! :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
djp said:
Hi everyone,
My name is Jackie, I have been type 1 for almost 58 years. Was balanced on Insulin Zinc Suspension Lente in August 1954, now called Hypurin Bovine Lente. Bovine neutral was added after I had my 2nd daughter in 1972, while I was carrying my 3rd daughter, in 1984, I was advised to change to Actrapid and Humalin, with the most terrible consequences...Suddenly I had no hypo warnings and on more than one occasion I passed out without warning so went back to my original insulin for fear of damaging my small daughter..... have been on original insulin ever since.
Would love to have a pump but lente won't,apparently, go through pump, viscosity too thick... wonder if neutral alone would be ok..?
Next question for clinic.......Would love to know...! :)

Welcome and hello djp, wow 58 years thats quite an achievement, well done :thumbup: RRB

djp

Dislikes
Football
Hi RRB,
Thanks for that but I just thank my lucky stars of everyday that goes by without developing any problems!! :)