Pockets and Navy blue

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm getting frustrated at the moment. Trying to organise my clothing for a short city break in Edinburgh that's coming up. I'm one of those people who HAS to be colour co-ordinated. I have a comfortable pair of jeans for sitting on a train annd smart patterned trousers to take too. Smart trouser are navy blue with white, red and green on in small amounts. Jeans being navy blue, I decided I needed a navy blue cardigan. After 2 days of searching the usual places { M&S, BHS etc.] I've discovered that navy blue is not in fashion this year. I'm fairly tall so need long line and pretty large so need simple and plain style. I eventually found what I need online.
My other gripe is pockets or rather lack of same in ladies trousers. Even my jeans don't have a pocket safe for a moble phone. The ones I'm currently wearing scarcely have room for a tissue and the back pockets are so low on the bum, I'd sit on the wretched thing. My smarter trousers have even measlier pockets and many have none at all. I know we women are thought to use hand bags all the time, but I like to have my hands free. AND I sometimes don't hear the phone if it's in my bag. I don't go out without it as I have a T1 husband, daughter with 2 tiny children and a 94 year old mother, any of whom might need me in a hurry.
Rant over
Hana

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
OK, now don't shout at me, but have you considered a small-but-adequate leather shoulder bag for all your accompanying accessories?? .. :thumbup:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
OR .. what about one those velcro fastened arm-band things that hold a few light items?

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
If you're coming up to Edinburgh don't forget your wellies and umbrella. The weather here is dire :(

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
I never shout at anybody[ except to warn an over-daring grandson of danger :lol: ]
I do have shoulder bags, but they keep slipping off and cross body looks ridiculous over a JJ bustline. If I must use a bag, I have a smallish backpack. Not easy to get stuff out of quickly though.
Hana

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Didie
we're coming in a couple of weeks time. I don't own wellies, can't seem to fin a comfortable pair, and I HATE umbrellas, however the South East of England is pretty wet too at the moment I had to put my mac into the tumble dryer yesterday in between taking my granddaughter to nursery school for the afternoon and collecting her again. Water even seeped through the stitiching on my rain hat.
Hana

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I wear my shoulder bags across my body even though I'm pretty well endowed. They help me keep my balance after my stroke. Otherwise I find I can do a crab impersonation, especially when I'm tired.

Mileana

Depending on the size of the phone and the size of said bust, the best place to put a mobile is... in your bra.

No chance you won't hear/feel it, and you can take it out of the imaginary breast pocket inside a light jacket pretty darned unnoticed.

C

chris lowe

You could have a look on Amazon or in a mobile phone shop and see if you can get a case for your phone that will clip onto a waistband. I've got one that has a belt loop on the back so if I'm wearing a belt I can attach it to that. If I see any navy cardigans I will give you shout to say where. :)

WhitbyJet

Hana - my aunt just bought a long line navy blue cardigan from Ulla Popken, www.ullapopken.co.uk, they have a sale on.

As for small across the body bags, I am a huge fan of them and have a few, they dont look silly on women who are lucky enough to be well endowed, the strap doesnt go across the bust, doesnt accentuate.

jopar

Hanna

Why don't you get a mobile phone case then you'll be able to clip it to your waist band...

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
I do often keep my mobile phone in the "pocket" recommended by Mileana. Ifound a cardi on Bon Prix and I'm going to look for a small bag. Then I'll need a small wallet to put in it. Not that my wallet contains much money [except small change in copper coins :cry: ]
My current one has loads of pictures of the children and my buspass [won't work in Scotland :cry: ] my library ticket driving license, a few cards and postage stamps plus junk and it has got heavy.
i'll look for a bag that can be a backpack or go over the shoulder, or even a bumbag.
Hana

Unbeliever

hanadr said:
I do often keep my mobile phone in the "pocket" recommended by Mileana. Ifound a cardi on Bon Prix and I'm going to look for a small bag. Then I'll need a small wallet to put in it. Not that my wallet contains much money [except small change in copper coins :cry: ]
My current one has loads of pictures of the children and my buspass [won't work in Scotland :cry: ] my library ticket driving license, a few cards and postage stamps plus junk and it has got heavy.
i'll look for a bag that can be a backpack or go over the shoulder, or even a bumbag.
Hana

Is there not some danger from keeping a mobile phone so close to your body? I understood it was unadvisable to keep one in a pocket all the time even?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
hanadr said:
I never shout at anybody[ except to warn an over-daring grandson of danger :lol: ]
I do have shoulder bags, but they keep slipping off and cross body looks ridiculous over a JJ bustline. If I must use a bag, I have a smallish backpack. Not easy to get stuff out of quickly though.
Hana

Right, another thought and it involves your JJ ... what about wedging a slim phone between J and J set on vibrate. If for some reason you do not hear it you will certainly feel it :D .
The rest of your accompanying necessities could be in your backpack.

I use a shoulder bag when out and about and to make sure it will not fall off I always have its strap Velcroed to my shoulder. Yes, it does mean I have to sew to stop it sliding but as I hate things in my pockets other than a much needed handkerchief, a shoulder bag is has to be. It also keeps my bus pass safe 8)

viv1969

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but it seems everything is navy blue.
Colour co-ordination is great, but I don't think i means the colour has to all be the same. There are are lots of colours which compliment navy very nicely.

I hope you have a nice break :D